• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Message board/Forum!

Yes, I know you can change the templates. In fact, the phpBB boards that have been customized by templates are actually quite nice (if those board templates were created by the webmaster himself rather than taken from a website, they might get a higher score from me :rolleyes: ). However, I do take the default layout into consideration. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to make the default layout look good, even with color customization. Trust me, I've seen boards that have been customized, and they still look pretty bad, IMO.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Yes, I know you can change the templates. In fact, the phpBB boards that have been customized by templates are actually quite nice (if those board templates were created by the webmaster himself rather than taken from a website, they might get a higher score from me :rolleyes: ). However, I do take the default layout into consideration. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to make the default layout look good, even with color customization. Trust me, I've seen boards that have been customized, and they still look pretty bad, IMO.
Why don't you customise a board fully and show it to us? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by The Red Guy
Why don't you customise a board fully and show it to us? :rolleyes:

Look...compare these two Aimoo boards:
http://help.aimoo.com/
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=316544

The help.aimoo.com link shows the default images and some customization when it comes to color. The second link is a board htat has done very little image customization, and look how vastly different it is from the first link.

If you look at the difference between most customized phpBB boards (no hacks), you won't see much of a difference. :(

There's nothing earth-shattering or specifically wonderful about aimoo that I haven't seen 7,000 other times. If you don't like phpbb, that's fine but people are tired of hearing your opinion, especially as you are associated with aimoo (which makes your comments just piss-poor instead of just repetitive). Enough.

The default phpbb template is ok. Obviously people like it enough to keep it, as if it were horrid, no one would use it. I don't personally like the look of aimoo, but how many times would I have to state that before you get the picture?

Last edited:
Back