• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free ipb 2.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does Jabber suport the vast majority of people in the web who use one or more of these:

a) AIM
b) MSN
c) Yahoo

?

That's more of an addon.

Errr, no it isn't - it's a feature.

J J;807014 I've just looked at the phpbb3 demo and it's APC. I wouldn't say it's as large as vBulletin's ACP said:
http://www.vbulletin.com/admindemo.php[/B]
You'll see the difference in how much there is to play around with if you do have a go at the full featured demo.

I already have. I also have vbulletin (as well as ipb) on my comp.
They are tiny compared to phpbb3's ACP.

I don't think you've even looked through the phpbb3 ACP. How do I know? Because it took ME days to look through it, that's how big it is.

I wouldn't say it's as large as IPB's ACP either. I can take screen shots tomorrow if you really want to compare them, I've looked at Phpbb3 ACP, it looks nice, but I wouldn't compare it to vBulletins acp nor IPB's ACP.

Screenshots? You'd need several hundred screenshots to capture all of phpbb3's ACP. if you have that kind of time, please go ahead.

I remember phpbb3's ACP back in 2003, back then, you could POSSIBLY say that it was as big as IPB's or vBulletin's, right now it's significantly bigger.

How does Jabber suport the vast majority of people in the web who use one or more of these:

a) AIM
b) MSN
c) Yahoo

?

Firstly, we're not here to argue the usefulness of features.

Secondly, you are dead wrong,

Jabber currently supports AIM*, ICQ*, MSN* and Yahoo* and has the potential technology to support any messaging protocol in existence.

http://support.jabber.com/faqs/jabberfaq/general.html#gen1.10

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back