• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosts

Webdude

NLC
They are a myth, a wive's tale, an urban legend....they dont exist.

SO QUIT ASKING!

If you find one, your mind is just playing tricks on you, it's not really there.

Originally posted by Hobo
Does that mean we shouldn't post here? :confused:

In my opinion i believe that free hosting does exist because there are people kind enough to host people for free but then comes along those warez webmasters that ruin it all. :confused2

It is simply impossible to offer no strings attached webhosting.

I really wish that people would stop and consider the cost of running a host. Offering space for nothing in return just won't work.

Oh yeah... On an NT server which maxes out and crashes after about 10 accounts... Figure this, Microsoft.com is on how many servers?....and it could easily all be hosted on a single Linux server :D

Bill would save a lot of money if he switched to Linux. Come to think of it, maybe I will send him an offer for a powerful dedicated server running linux...heh

Hmm...free hosting is dead. I was sort of running a cobrand, but I think I'll give it up. Not a single site was in english, and about 90% of them only had picture files, so I think they were just hotlinking images. Not to mention the other 9% was people posting lists of warez. I think 2/119 sites were actual sites--in arabic.

With all that going on, and people asking for hosting without ads, I don't see the reasoning behind it. If someone gives you a free sundae, don't complain when there isn't a cherry on top.

Originally posted by Lise
Maybe one day Bill Gates will take pity on us, and open a free webhost for the world. ;-)

Well, if I ever won 40 million dollars in a lottery, I'd start the ultimate free webhost and would offer:

- Unmetered disk space
- Unmetered data transfer on a 1 gb/sec connection or whatever - of course, I'd have to upgrade as I get more traffic
- No file size limits (I'm not too sure about this, but if Crosswinds.net can pull if off with the little resources they have, I'm pretty sure I could if I had 40 million dollars)
- FTP and Web Uploads (and who knows, I might even build my own file manager - of course, I'd have to know all the major scripting languages if I were to start a free webhost)
- Free domain hosting, or if one doesn't want to purchase a domain, a subdomain URL (you.cyberryan.com or whatever)
- PHP, SSI, and MYSQL support
- Perl/CGI support available as an add-on for a one time fee of $2 (even if I have 40 million dollars, I still won't be stupid enough to allow malicious use of CGI, and a user wouldn't be as likely to abuse CGI if they had to pay to use it, even if it is a small fee)
- and, of course, no ads on members' pages!
- Sign-ups would be manually approved by me (again, even if I have 40 million dollars, I still won't be stupid enough to allow warez abuse)

Okay, you got me. I just said that because I don't think I'll win $40 million. Then again, I may not be joking. I don't even know yet. I guess the only way you and I will ever know is if I actually do win $40 million.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Webdude
Oh yeah... On an NT server which maxes out and crashes after about 10 accounts... Figure this, Microsoft.com is on how many servers?....and it could easily all be hosted on a single Linux server :D

Bill would save a lot of money if he switched to Linux. Come to think of it, maybe I will send him an offer for a powerful dedicated server running linux...heh

Microsoft used to run off FreeBSD (i.e. UNIX). Whether or not it is now fully MS is anyone's guess...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/28/23348.html

Well, I used that site (forgot what it's called; it's where you can check what servers are used by typing in a domain), and it says that Microsoft.com uses Win2k servers. Oh well...

Maybe one day Bill Gates will take pity on us, and open a free webhost for the world. ;-)

yeah, and then after the monkeys fly out my butt...

seriously though...

i would love to offer a totally free, totally stringless server, but i know better...

i'd set absolutely free reg for 5 megs...
1dollar for a lifetime account (assuming that i would be able to keep it up forever)
and if you were ever caught viol;ating the TOS, you would find yourself turned into the BSA and anyone else applicable includign your ISP...

then i would be able to create the ultimate warez blacklist...

with the money i made off of selling my warez blacklists to the highest bidders, i would then BUY microsoft, and give windows away for free...
then i would buy a trailer, and live in the woods ith only my solar power to keep me company...

Back