• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosts/domain names - unprofessional?

Never_pay

What would you think of a business that used a free host and/or domain name?
Do you think that customers recognize this at all?
Im not talking about your big companies like COKE,NIKE and the such,but more like your own little service such as web design,graphics/logo design

Would it matter to you or do you think it reflects the service you may get?

Im just wondering :biggrin2:

it depends the company could be brand new and just could not afford hosting or do not get enough hits to care about paying at all. Or they could just be cheap. Or it could be some little one man business that is hard to rely on. :)

I think you are the one using the free services cuz you keep on saying "just asking" and shit plus your nick is "never pay" lol :biggrin2: that's a give away

haha good for him though. as long as its NOT a uni.cc domain. if its like a free .com you had then sure!

Free hosting i could trust because it is professional hosting. But not a uni.cc or anyother domain. You cant trace a uni.cc

abush said:
I think you are the one using the free services cuz you keep on saying "just asking" and shit plus your nick is "never pay" lol :biggrin2: that's a give away

Arent we smart :tired2:
Just because I say 'just asking' doesnt mean I speak of myself.
I just happen to run across a few sites today on a free host I use and they are commercial.

It was just curiosity

kaliboy2g said:
How could you tell which site the host was one. And commercial doesnt exactly mean a big buisness

Did you not READ what I posted ????!!!!

I just happen to run across a few sites today on a free host I use
Thats how I know.READ!!!
And commercial is commecial be it big business or small.

I have had enough of you today.You make no sense when you reply to posts and dont bother to READ clearly and all you want to do is start a war.Go do it on another messagbaord.Not here.

hehe i think you are right never pay. people just get so... grr... they just get out of hand and turn some common curiosity into some huge fight! i posted a few things and everything i did, i got hassled about. ugh. anyway, never pay is right. and so is kaliboy2g. as long as its not uni.cc, its good.

Neverpay if you have a hard time answering my questions then dont. I was just wondering how you can visit a site and then know wheather or not you use the same host. Surely its a regular question and if it agrivates you for some reason that it wouldnt a regular person then i am sorry

May I ask why a .uni.cc is bad?
I dont know much about them other than I see alot of urls with them.
How are they bad?
I dont know much about the whole 'domain name' DNS thing other than it is needed for hosting to point to an IP.
Are they just bad because they are free and could go down like many free hosts?

Domain names are cheap though.Some I have seen as low as $5 year.I wonder why anyone would want a free one.Although I guess people that cant get CC access and/or too young would benifit from a free one.

I don't care what domain they use but I'm not forking over any money online unless they have their own second level domain, and a big name credit transaction agency. If I cannot find any contact information on their site it's also a no-go. If I can't contact them EASILY presales I'm not about to do business with them. If they can't afford $15/year for a second level domain something its extremely fishy!

Never_pay said:
What would you think of a business that used a free host and/or domain name?
Do you think that customers recognize this at all?
Im not talking about your big companies like COKE,NIKE and the such,but more like your own little service such as web design,graphics/logo design

Would it matter to you or do you think it reflects the service you may get?

Im just wondering :biggrin2:
yea..............may u right. But free is not all prblem solver.
U know free always crash.

is this great

kaliboy2g said:
Free hosting i could trust because it is professional hosting. But not a uni.cc or anyother domain. You cant trace a uni.cc

if this site is great....then i get out from thefreeserver.net

Back