• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free hosting with LXAdmin?

XFH-Jay

Do you think having a free web host that gives away LXAdmin accounts will have any attraction or gain any interest at all?

Firstly it's unique and you don't see it much, but on the other hand it lacks a lot of features that you find in cPanel.

What do you all think?

cPanel is just too popular... (I guess)... In the 'free hosting request' forum, I see that majority ask for cPanel...

cPanel is popular however lxadmin is cheaper and I think it will catch on given a year or so to mature as much as cPanel.

cPanel may be popular ... but it is also the hardest cp to use. Users (especially beginners) will flock to the simpler control panel as time goes on. Remember, most of our users now are going to be those who are completely brand-new to the Internet as a whole - they don't want to fuss with cPanel. There is an untapped market of 6 billion people who have never touched the Internet - these people are coming online now, at an increasingly rapid rate. How can we reach them? By using control panels that are much simpler than cPanel.

So to answer your question ... yes, I think an LXAdmin free host could be very successful.

I agree that LXA hosts can be successful, but unfortunately due to cPanel's popularity most people think that is what a control panel IS.

They get hosting and expect to see cPanel as the control panel.

[UW]Glenn;1052750 said:
I agree that LXA hosts can be successful, but unfortunately due to cPanel's popularity most people think that is what a control panel IS.

They get hosting and expect to see cPanel as the control panel.

Agree... I rarely see a request asking for LxAdmin...

Or maybe, people (newbies) think that 'cpanel' is the short for 'control panel' :D Maybe.... That could happen, right?

Lxa is more suited to devs than the gp imo.

I think most new users prefer Cpanel. From an admin point of view I prefer Plesk tbh.

LX admin is equally competitive and have more features than Cpanel the thing is its not that much famous in the hosting market but its having strong base in VPS segment, this free hosting area also it will enter soon

Back