• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting with every domain registration? Need reviews/ reccomendations, thanks.

Kaizer

Hi all,

I'm looking for free hosting with every domain registered through them. I've found http://doteasy.com/ and http://top5hosting.com/ .

For Doteasy, the deal is as such:
http://www.doteasy.com/Services/WebHosting/

For Top5Hosting, its:
http://www.top5hosting.com/domainapp.htm

Top5Hosting's package looks real sweet, any input on this service? I'm looking to register several domains..

Otherwise, I would also like to see if there are any other similar deals from other hosts, I would really appreciate if you could reccommend/point them out.

Thanks and take care, Kaizer.

You would be better off using the cheaper paid hosting with a $10 domain name or less :eek:

You would normally pay at least $120.00 per year for a package like this - with us you only pay the normal $35.00/year domain registration fees charged by other registrars - the hosting is FREE.

I don't know of any registrar that charges $35 for a domain, unless it is .tv or something like that.

Hey,

Well, I figured that the cheapest (reliable) hosts were going at $5/mo, which totals to $60 annualy, plus about $10 bucks for the domain. That's $70 annually.

Besides, the plans that go for $5/mo don't even match up to top5hosting's plan. Is there any specific reason why you're advising it? I fail to see why you are suggesting to me that it is a bad deal...

Thanks and take care.

[append]
Towerhost's got a special plan going for $35 annually, though sans domain. The plan seems to match up..

Last edited:
Originally posted by Kaizer
Hey,

Well, I figured that the cheapest (reliable) hosts were going at $5/mo, which totals to $60 annualy, plus about $10 bucks for the domain. That's $70 annually.

Besides, the plans that go for $5/mo don't even match up to top5hosting's plan. Is there any specific reason why you're advising it? I fail to see why you are suggesting to me that it is a bad deal...
Doteasy plan
Doteasy "ZERO" Dollar Web Hosting FREE

www.yourdomain.com Web Hosting

20MB Web Storage

Unlimited FTP Access

10 Email Accounts

Domain Forwarding

POP & Web-based Email Access

Email Forwarding

Email Autoresponder

1GB Monthly Traffic Allowance

Optional Features For Advanced Users

Frontpage 2002 Extensions US$22.5/6 Months
CGI/Perl/SSI Support US$45/6 Months
Frontpage 2002 Extensions + CGI/Perl/SSI Support US$60/6 Months
ASP/FrontPage/ODBC Support US$75/3 Months
CGI/FrontPage/PHP/MySQL Support US$60/3 Months

Last edited:
No no I wasn't looking at Doteasy's plans...just mentioning an example.

what im interested in is top5hosting. look:
FREE 50mb Hosting space with cgi, ssi, PHP, FTP, Frontpage, control panel, webmail, excellent support

Get www.yourdomain.com and never pay for hosting space again!.

20 POP email accounts. Set up 20 different email addresses!

FTP account. Access your FTP accounts 24 hours a day!

Control panel to manage settings for your domain.

I don't know if this applies to the "special" plan, but it does say "all packages"..

All packages come with the following features:

Setup Fee
FREE

Webmail
YES

CGI-BIN
YES

PHP or
YES

Frontpage
YES

Perl
YES

MySQL
YES

Free CGI scripts
YES

Server Side Includes (SSI)
YES

POP E-mail accounts/domain

FTP Accounts

Control panel
YES

Bandwidth
3GB

24/7 E-mail support
YES

Unlimited E-mail forwarding
YES

Online Help
YES

24 hour network monitoring
YES

Shockwave support
YES

Flash support
YES

*We do not charge for bandwidth. If a clients is using an unreasonable amount of resources, we will e-mail him and ask to rectify this.

Every domain comes with our generic Cobalt Raq or Plesk control panel, which enables you or your client to control e-mail addresses and mail forwarding, view site usage, set up passwords etc.

looks real nice to me..

I don't see any Terms of Service at top5hosting which is a HUGE worry. But doteasy does.... http://www.doteasy.com/Terms/index.cfm?T=TAC
FEES PAID FOR ANY DOTEASY SERVICE IS NONREFUNDABLE. DOTEASY WILL NOT REFUND ANY FEES PAID BY YOU IF YOU TERMINATE YOUR AGREEMENT WITH US.

For those clients subscribing to our Optional Features, the Optional Features shall automatically renew at the end of the initial term, for the same term duration, unless a cancellation request is received, prior to service renewal, by Doteasy along with Member ID and password for verification.

We reserve the right to terminate any Service to you immediately and without notice for cause in the event that you breach this Agreement. We may, at our sole discretion, suspend your Service in lieu of terminating this Agreement while we investigate the alleged breach of this Agreement.

Domain registrations purchased through Doteasy cannot be cancelled nor refunded. Domains will remain active until the end of the registration term.

If I were you I would forget this type of deal.

hmm...good point, I'll look up on that and email them if i really can't find it.

hoping this is the real deal..

take care, Kaizer.

used

used them for a while and their offer is too basic. 48 hour support and lucky if you hear back.

Good for beginner but they offer nothing.

They changed DNS on several occasions with out notice and my site was unavailable.

Hmm Jan that thread sure did light up some areas. BUT, those posts were made like 1 year 6 months ago...and they're still alive and kickin'...that says something IMO..whaddya think?

Well, what's most important to me are speed and reliability (duh hehe). How were this ttremeth?

Anyway:
Good for beginner but they offer nothing.
whaddya mean by "they offer nothing"? In my eyes...PHP and MySQL is quite enough medium to heavy duty websites...without the need for streaming or secure server anyways.

I may or may not need support...probably the only support email that I might send would be "Hey dammit the server's down again, wake up!!" sorta mails :p

I'd try look around a little more and I'll keep you all posted.

[append]
Hey sorry, OT, but I need to know if I need to have root access to install phpMyAdmin..that thing handles MySQL, right? I forgot about this one, it's been a while since I did MySQL stuff...

Last edited:
you could do it for about $18.88

buy hosting at discount-hosting.com and get a cheap domain from powerpipe.com or something.

Originally posted by Kaizer
Hey sorry, OT, but I need to know if I need to have root access to install phpMyAdmin..that thing handles MySQL, right? I forgot about this one, it's been a while since I did MySQL stuff... [/B]

No, you don't need to have root access in order to install phpMyAdmin.

Regards,
Zaheer

Hello,

There are other companies offer similar plans

check out

ArisHost.com
NewbieSite.com
Mister.net etc..

Later

in my opinion, your best 2 options are:

freehosts.r-us.biz
-----------------------------------------
A lot more "Bang For Your Buck"

OR

buy a cheap domain (eg. rackshack.net) + iamyourhost.com
-----------------------------------------
Can't say too much for iamyourhost reliability but they seem to have explanations for there cheap prices.

Good Luck!!

Back