• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting request...

bardsmanship

Looking for a reliable host

Hi all, I need hosting for a site with resources for amateur game makers. I need at least 250mb space, 3gb monthly bandwidth, PHP-supported, CPanel and 1 FTP. I don't mind ads of any kind except pop-ups. One-off forum posting is also all right, but not the kind where you need to post every month to keep your account.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi bardsmanship, do you have a domain name for your website? Also, what kind of resources will you be hosting for amateur game makers?

Let me know and I may be able to get you going.

The vast majority are lots and lots of image files, more specifically png files, though I do plan to host some photographs (jpgs) as well. Pardon me for asking, but what exactly are domains and subdomains? (Yes, you're dealing with a newbie here :p )

I did a quick calculation; at present, I have prepared the material for 3 sub-directories, which amounts to around 7mb. I plan to have 9 main directories. Each main directory has about 6-7 sub-directories. Assuming the best case scenario, I would then need around 7 /3 X6 X9 = 126mb.

This is without considering that 5 of the aforementioned sub-directories will have at least a hundred image files each, using up an estimated 10mb more for each sub-directory...plus the photos which at the moment take up 17.3mb on my hard drive.

126 + 5 X10 +17.3 = 193.3mb, and I expect the number of files to increase. So, you can be assured that I'm not asking for a lot of space without any intention of filling it. :)

Last edited:
Hi again bardsmanship,

Sounds like you have prepared yourself well :)
I am going to offer you exactly what you asked for but with more features! If you need more space/bandwidth in the future we can work that out. Do you have AIM, MSN or any other messenger I can talk to you on to get the ball rolling? If so, pm me with your name and I'll get ahold of you there. :)

We wouldn't typically be offering free hosting accounts, but for the holidays we are picking and choosing through requests we run across that are worthwhile. So get me your contact info soon and we'll get started.

Regards,
Chris Everitt

Back