• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting Request

Unity Coders

Hello, I am the administrator of a Review/Blog website called Unity Coders. We are currently looking for web hosting, as our current free website host is experiencing problems, even though our current host has been very reliable and helpful, I am looking for another website host (I am not sure if my web host will be be coming back on-line).

We are requesting the following specifications;
  • 200MB to 500MB of web space (for a Joomla powered website where we shall write the reviews)
  • 1000MB to 2000MB of bandwidth (Transfer)
  • 2 MySQL databases, (For Joomla and a WordPress Blog)
  • PHP 5 (or PHP 4 if PHP 5 is not available)
  • Domain Name Support (We own the domain name http://www.unitycoders.co.uk)
  • Cpanel or Ability to edit the MX records for our domain, (so I can use Google tools)
  • FTP Access (for file uploading)
  • GD Graphics Library (Capcha) and Sendmail Support (for activation emails)

What we can offer a possible web host;
  • One time posts,
  • Advertising Banners,
  • A Link back on the website (Proudly Hosted By <hostname>),
  • A plug on our Podcast (see below),
  • Recommendations to Friends and Family who are looking for webhosting.

An Overview of the Website
The website provided some reviews for the common computer user, we only recently managed to organize ourselves to produce some reviews. These reviews are currently available at http://webpigeon.livejournal.com/ (My LiveJournal) and are prefixed with {UC} if you wish to read them.

We are a group of students currently in college within the United Kingdom, The website has a small but loyal community from our local area and we are always trying to expand. We have Google Tools Registered for Unity Coders, and so need to be able to edit MX records for our domain to point them to Google's mail servers.

We produce a monthly Podcast which is currently hosted on our MySpace page, I am hoping to transfer this to a dedicated Podcast Hosting company (so will be hosted externally). We am willing to promote the web host on the Podcast. This Podcast has quite a small listener base but we are willing to help our host in any way we can.

Thankyou for taking the time to read my request.

Hello,

I can offer you 500MB Space and 5GB Bandwidth plan for free in exchange for what you listed above.

The web hosting would be provided by www.hetrixbyte.com

If you are interested please mail me: andrei @ hetrixbyte.com

Bye.

Hi and good night Unity Coders

Freewebspace4me.com can provide you with the following
300mb disk space
15gb bandwidth
15 sql, pop3, and ftp accounts
Cpanel + Fantastico and domain name support
Our website and plan url can be found at: http://freewebspace4me.com

A few questions:
1: Is your host at the moment running cpanel
2: Will there be any mass email sending or receiving from your site ?

1) Our host was using CPanel (he is down now however)
2) Nope, I'll be sending out email validation messages upon registration, but that is standard practice. All email handling is done via GoogleMail (They have a service that allows domain owners to register their domain with them then use GoogleMail with the account.)

edit: I have created an account on your website. (username = pigeon)

Last edited:
Look at the plans.
We require monthly posting but here instead of that we ll swap that monthly posting condition with link back.
What we give out.
Space: 300 to 10000 MB (10GB)
Bandwidth:3000 to 100000 MB (100 GB)
cPanel Version Latest
Fantastico De Luxe (30+ scripts) included
Unlimited Other Cpanel Feature
Details:Click on the Plans link below

What we Need
Only a few Posts and visits

Site
So to get more details Please visit.
http://www.unramped.com/

Plans
Our Plans go in here.
Unramped Free Hosting Plans

Hi there.

Normally, id suggest our post2host site, but for your site, id be happy to put it on a more stable server usually for paid hosting for a linkback/banner and possible plug here and there.
Joomla can be a littel heavy on resources, so i dont recommend the regular free server.

We can give you what you requested and if you get to the point you need more, we can work somthing out.

For now ill offer:
* 1gb space
* 10gb bandwidth
* 25x Databases, Email and FTP accounts
* PHP 5 :D
* Cpanel 11
* Capcha and Sendmail work just fine.

Im always happy to help out GOOD sites such as your, since most asking for fre hosting are abusers :p
PM Me if your interested and ill setup the coupon so you get the account free.

Cheers
Fenix

Contact
AIM - G4HQSupport
MSN - Black@ghforum.net
Yahoo - Adioviper

I can offer *FOR FREE*
10GB Space or more
100GB Transfer or more
Resellers
Cpanel/Fansico
+ More!

Thats not all, you also get some free banners across our website and more!
+ I can also give you tips on some SEO (to increase your search engine results)

What do you got to loose?
contact me :p

Not sure if you need 500MB for the start of such site, but nonetheless I will offer you 500MB space and 2GB bandwidth + PHP5 and MySQL5 in exchange for 20 posts on our forum and if you can, not saying you need to, come back and do forum posts other times if and when you can.

This is a custom package so if you want to go with us, make sure you state your request is a custom from phprocks on your application form.

Cheers! :)

Back