• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting market getting smaller?

A Shared $ host :)

Too many of them. You are officially made reduntant from this thread.

On topic: I believe that the need for free hosts is growing, fast. It's a really bad time to start up at the moment. You will only survive the credit crisis if you've been around for 6 months+ as we approach December.

[AS]Richard;1032189 said:
"It's a good thing."
:)
But I wonder if the hosting market overall is decreasing too...for paid hosts.

According to SC-Daniel business is good. -.-

SC-Daniel has screwed up sales that are simply too awesome :p

Btw, don't go offtopic. Yea, I guess I'll be starting a new small free host again soon :)

Since there are many sites like FWS.net no wonder the offers in here tend to drop.

Personally I don't think free hosting world will end. It's still a good potential market.

Last edited:
If you want to open up a paid host, don't do at this time. If you want to open up a free host, NOW is the best time to do it!

i think it sxhould be getting bigger with people needing to cut finances and budgets. Money for teen site just dont compair with the housing bill

Another thing to consider is the fact that with a free host your not going to loose money if it goes belly up, and as long as you have backups then your sorted and can just switch hosts at no cost.

To be fair paid hosts are coming and going as much as the free ones if not more so

Costs in time instead of money

Another thing to consider is the fact that with a free host your not going to loose money if it goes belly up, and as long as you have backups then your sorted and can just switch hosts at no cost.

To be fair paid hosts are coming and going as much as the free ones if not more so

True enough on the direct-cash side. But the nuisance factor eventually caught up to me. I almost restarted my annual-ish survey of hosts until I discovered a bunch of the ones tagged this summer had already folded.

I have my twin-site set, and I'll probably stay with two active hosts at a time instead of four.

I really miss the database on the other side of the fence. There was a note some time back that they were working on it, but I don't know when it will be refreshed up to date.

True enough on the direct-cash side. But the nuisance factor eventually caught up to me. I almost restarted my annual-ish survey of hosts until I discovered a bunch of the ones tagged this summer had already folded.

I have my twin-site set, and I'll probably stay with two active hosts at a time instead of four.

I really miss the database on the other side of the fence. There was a note some time back that they were working on it, but I don't know when it will be refreshed up to date.

I agree. If your going to experiment with hosting its best to start as free and work your rep up

Back