• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free hosting for wavs

Carmine

Hi--

This is my first post, but I've been lurking for a few days, and I have a question.

Does anyone know where I can find free hosting that allows wavs? Preferably a host that has 300 MB or more of free space?

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
Seems like you're on the same boat as Cracker :D Why don't you just convert them to mp3?

Because I'm too lazy, and practically every free web hos I go to doesn't seem to like the idea of mp3s on their servers. (except Geocities which my site is currently on)

jmiller, these are wav files from a TV show--671 wav files ranging from 30 KB to 3 MB.

Originally posted by Soujirou
300mb ? i woyld say it's hard to find a free host that gives so much space for storage purposes

It's not for storage purposes :( It's no different than a website full of images, is it?

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
Seems like you're on the same boat as Cracker :D Why don't you just convert them to mp3?

I don't have any problem getting my .wav's hosted, as they're MPEG compressed (the largest one is only 131 kb, and it's 44.9 seconds long). I'm currently using Hosting Extreme. I just said that thing about Hosting Zone because I like trying new FWP's that seem to fit my site's requirements, especially if it has no ads as well (BTW, HZ does support .wav now, but I'm not sure if I should spend all that time pushing all 1,026 files of my site through their file manager 5 files at a time - yes, I've done that before on Gizba and other FWP's, but Gizba has kind of screwed me over once as well).

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cracker

I don't have any problem getting my .wav's hosted, as they're MPEG compressed (the largest one is only 131 kb, and it's 44.9 seconds long). I'm currently using Hosting Extreme. I just said that thing about Hosting Zone because I like trying new FWP's that seem to fit my site's requirements, especially if it has no ads as well (BTW, HZ does support .wav now, but I'm not sure if I should spend all that time pushing all 1,026 files of my site through their file manager 5 files at a time - yes, I've done that before on Gizba and other FWP's, but Gizba has kind of screwed me over once as well).

Where's the link to HZ?

Back