• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting for streaming audio

HMarker

Hello,

Are there any hosting companies that provide free audio streaming services for publishing internet radio?

If yes, which software do they provide for uploading music from DJ's computer to streaming audio server?

I want to rent a dedicated server and provide shoutcast server service for multiple clients.

Each client should have at least 50 listeners.
Shoutcast encoding will be in minimum quality.

Some companies provide streaming through Media Player. Which software is needed for that?

Not many. As you can't host many shoutcast servers on one main server. You need a server with 10mbp/s to run 80 listeners and to run 80 listeners you need at least 1GB ram... And then the bandwidth requirements... with the minumum settings it's still going to eat up way over 3TB of bandwidth with 8 full "always streaming" DJ's and thats not including the listeners.

It costs too much to give this away for free :p

Thank you for your information hosting-shack
Why it is not possible to host multipe shoutcast servers on one main server.

I heard that some companies provide shared shoutcast server service. How this is possible?

HMarker said:
Thank you for your information hosting-shack
Why it is not possible to host multipe shoutcast servers on one main server.

I heard that some companies provide shared shoutcast server service. How this is possible?

Read my post again.

As you can't host many shoutcast servers on one main server.

with the minumum settings it's still going to eat up way over 3TB of bandwidth with 8 full "always streaming" DJ's and thats not including the listeners.

8 streaming DJ's means 8 servers.

hosting-shack Kinda a n00b? I host over 60 Clients On My ShoutCast Server No Problems 10/Mps? What kida host are on here thats Slow I Run 7 Mps On my home Pc All My Servers Are 100 Mbps I know this isnt the Rihgt Thread but HMarker I sell you a Reseller On my sever.

midwest said:
hosting-shack Kinda a n00b? I host over 60 Clients On My ShoutCast Server No Problems 10/Mps? What kida host are on here thats Slow I Run 7 Mps On my home Pc All My Servers Are 100 Mbps I know this isnt the Rihgt Thread but HMarker I sell you a Reseller On my sever.

lol...

Back