• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting for programmer.

alelinuxbsd

I would like use:
- php
- perl
- postgresql (without limit to only one database)
- mysql (without limit to only one database)

It's very difficult find hosting postgresql.
If it isn't present a similar host i could use more hosting.

I prefer without banner but if isn't possible it's ok for only one small banner (in every page).
It's important that accept every language.
Minimum requirement:
300 Mb (with the possibility to create more account).
Bandwidth: at minimun 2 gigabyte
Server Uptime: > 95 %
No forced posting.
ability to upload every file (for example .zip, .inc, etc...).
.htaccess
mod_rewrite
accept every language
fast access

Thanks in advance

Bye Alessandro

Optionals:
- jsp/servlet/tomcat (plus every package jar that i want use, for example struts or other).
- ror (ruby on rails)
Note:
I see many host but i haven't find a free hosting that it offers a real support of java (for web application) or ror.

Last edited:
When I become the best free host in the world, I will offer that for free. Am currently preoccupied with Web Design and not much time to install such dynamic language. In short, go paid. :D

Ok i have understand that it's impossible use java and ror without pay. :(

I would like use these languages for testing only after i sell my services than I will be able to pay.
I don't like php (there isn't a oop language) but since there are not valid alternatives i will use it.

Then i replie my question, without java and ror, there is a valid host?
Free and fast without limit on the file that i can use for programmer in php or perl?

Thanks in advance.

Bye Alessandro

Last edited:
When will you need this?
If you can wait until May 1, 2007 then I may be able to give you an account with Java and Ruby On Rails support. It's just that I don't have time to install them now in our server until May 1.

Wonderful!

I do not have problems to wait for I would want to realize some small projects in:
struts, spring, hibernate and jstl.
( when i have a moment ... on the free time ...).
Also something on ror.

Thank for the interest.

Bye Alessandro

Last edited:
Ok i have understand that it's impossible use java and ror without pay. :(

I would like use these languages for testing only after i sell my services than I will be able to pay.
I don't like php (there isn't a oop language) but since there are not valid alternatives i will use it.

Then i replie my question, without java and ror, there is a valid host?
Free and fast without limit on the file that i can use for programmer in php or perl?

Thanks in advance.

Bye Alessandro

PHP does have OOP, Look more into it.

Sorry but Php 5 has a partial support of oop therefore it isn't a true oop language and some function is experimental.
For example you can see overloading.
Moreover there are other characteristics of which I feel the lack:
support of unicode
a simple access on multiple type of database without rewrite the code
etc.

Bye Alessandro

You said it didn't have OOP, it has support for OOP and so does php 4, it might not be A OOP language, but it has support for oop. Which is what I stated.
------------------------------------------------
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/PHP/Object-Oriented-Programming-in-PHP/
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/PHP/OOP/1
http://us.php.net/oop - PHP 4
http://us2.php.net/zend-engine-2.php - PHP 5
------------------------------------------------
Even if it doesn't support what you need, you can't say its not there or it doesn't have it when it does.

Even if you find PHP to support OOP, something you may not want to overlook is the fact that PHP is a dynamic type language compared to the most popular OOP language, Java, which is a static one.

Even if you find PHP to support OOP, something you may not want to overlook is the fact that PHP is a dynamic type language compared to the most popular OOP language, Java, which is a static one.

Yes I know, Java is static while php is dynamic. but php does have support for oop my whole point..

there isn't a oop language
Yes DarkGrave you are right i would have had to write partial support but the problem, for me, is that it cannot be thought to develop something to objects if a language has a partial support.

Yes Dayu the philosophy behind the language is different.

Bye Alessandro

And the implications of it will be crucial if what you are planning to program is something that will expand to become a complicated software in the future.

I would like use:
- php
- perl

I prefer without banner but if isn't possible it's ok for only one small banner (in every page).
Minimum requirement:
No forced posting.
.htaccess
mod_rewrite
accept every language
fast access

Thanks in advance

Bye Alessandro

Optionals:
- jsp/servlet/tomcat (plus every package jar that i want use, for example struts or other).
- ror (ruby on rails)
Note:
I see many host but i haven't find a free hosting that it offers a real support of java (for web application) or ror.

I can help you on this matter... but no java or ror or other optional goods, server uptime is 99.8 percent for first timers you will be placed in low end server on tell we see if your project worth going to bigger server. I will provide you 500 MB space with 5 GB bandwidth for now. we can all ways bring does numbers up depending on your project prograss..

Thanks

I would like use:
- php
- perl

Minimum requirement:
No forced posting.
.htaccess
mod_rewrite
accept every language
fast access

Thanks in advance

Bye Alessandro

Optionals:
- ror (ruby on rails)
Note:

we can provide with PHP and MySQL only

If you need more optionals you must switch to paid hosting

Sorry for the absence but i'm very busy. :-/
I have another questions, also i would like use the site for storage my photo (it's one of my hobby).
I would like a hosting company present on market from years, that he is reliable.

trilex47 and tamilan which are yours proposals?

Bye Alessandro :)

Note:
Jun Luzon I read one discussion of free hosting created by you so i send a message to known also your service.

Last edited:
Back