• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free hosting for CS major who just wants a site

( - P z Y - )

Hi,

I'm a CS major at the Uni of Washington and I am interested in getting a free host. Bandwidth at least 2 gb per month, space at least 500 mb (I use emails on my own domain name), cpanel, no ads, php + mysql.

PM me or email me, thanks.

I cannot find the option to edit my post but I could get by with 100MB of space down from 500.

Thanks and sorry for duplicate post.

Hi,

I'm a CS major at the Uni of Washington and I am interested in getting a free host. Bandwidth at least 2 gb per month, space at least 500 mb (I use emails on my own domain name), cpanel, no ads, php + mysql.

We would be happy to have you as a customer. Sign up at the link in my sig.

Hi,

If you register at portalsecure.me using a valid .edu university email address, we will upgrade you to an account with 5gb disk space and 50 gb bandwidth (free for life).
We hope to see you soon :)

Last edited:
I got an offer via PM to try a site called swiftgoat. Only problem is I cannot get my domain to work right with it.

Site is basically thumb drive info and what programs to run and how with your give flash drive, install windows to or from the usb disk and linux, a little bit of a portal about security in general (eg encryption) and what programs are suggested. I also will have a service where ppl pay me for troubleshooting and the site will have the how. I expect more traffic after I get back to school this fall but still not much. I also plan on teaching ppl to play WC3/TFT and SC2/HotS for a small fee. Others have done it believe it or not, pay to teach that is, albeit never me as of yet.

The "portal" part is where I can see it being a useful site after I finish my articles etc. I feel like I could do a better job of explaining it if necessary. Oh and I will be using the email, preferably more than just one account (2: my main email and a sysop/root/admin).

I always have wanted (and sorta had off and on) a personal website

I'll host you, assuming the domain will work. What kind of domain? Anything weird?

I got an offer via PM to try a site called swiftgoat. Only problem is I cannot get my domain to work right with it.

Site is basically thumb drive info and what programs to run and how with your give flash drive, install windows to or from the usb disk and linux, a little bit of a portal about security in general (eg encryption) and what programs are suggested. I also will have a service where ppl pay me for troubleshooting and the site will have the how. I expect more traffic after I get back to school this fall but still not much. I also plan on teaching ppl to play WC3/TFT and SC2/HotS for a small fee. Others have done it believe it or not, pay to teach that is, albeit never me as of yet.

The "portal" part is where I can see it being a useful site after I finish my articles etc. I feel like I could do a better job of explaining it if necessary. Oh and I will be using the email, preferably more than just one account (2: my main email and a sysop/root/admin).

I always have wanted (and sorta had off and on) a personal website

I believe you havent set the nameservers correctly. As stated in the PM I sent you when I set you up, the nameservers are ns1.swiftgoat.com and ns2.swiftgoat.com, not .co.uk

Yeah I was on ns1.swiftgoat.com/ns2.swiftgoat.com first and it just hangs, my site doesn't load. It isn't the registrar because if I switch back to the original (namecheap) DNS it loads right within a couple of hours (I know 48 hrs standard but it proves that the NS isn't working on this mode).

It's back to .com and has been for a few days, coldfuse.org doesn't load. I don't own the .com or .net or care what happens to them.

Could you have put coldfuse.com or something? coldfuse.org is my site

Just an ordinary domain name, nothing special.

Last edited:
Yeah I was on ns1.swiftgoat.com/ns2.swiftgoat.com first and it just hangs, my site doesn't load. It isn't the registrar because if I switch back to the original (namecheap) DNS it loads right within a couple of hours (I know 48 hrs standard but it proves that the NS isn't working on this mode).

It's back to .com and has been for a few days, coldfuse.org doesn't load. I don't own the .com or .net or care what happens to them.

Could you have put coldfuse.com or something? coldfuse.org is my site

Just an ordinary domain name, nothing special.

I have definately put .org for your domain. I have tried to ping your domain with no response. Therefore the problem is with your nameserver setup not with us.

You are currently using the following domain name servers.

1. ns1.swiftgoat.com
2. ns2.swiftgoat.com

You can certainly transfer your DNS back to us to take advantage of our free
features like e-mail forwarding, url forwarding, dynamic dns and other features.

It is very important to to note that if you transfer the dns back to us, your
current options at your web hosting company like e-mail, website may not
work. So, please exercise caution when switching DNS. Also, note that it will
take up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.

I should note that after a couple of hours it starts loading the default page for namecheap. Also I did get it to successfully work on hostmada and freegigs now both sites are down and all I edited was the nameservers.

PM Sent

The .com vs. .co.uk can be a bit tricky. You might want to create some documentation on how to do the basic setup.

Back