• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting Business Proposition

Craig

Lifes Good
NLC
Hey Ho.

Right, down to the point.

Am looking to start a personal free hosting company & I thought I would let some of FWS finest get involved. It be will known as FWS finest free host started by FWS members for FWS members & so on.

This is my own personal project, it will have part of my attention (as I have other business areas to attend too) hence my asking for others to get involved.

Am not looking for anyone, I will personally pick who I think is best to be part if this. Am looking for 5-15 + people.

I can supply the server, I can supply cPanel, DD etc etc, it isn't a problem.

Funds will mainly be recouped by ads, google, advertising etc etc. I have loads of WHMCS licenses or we can use iPanel. I can provide both.

I don't want to fund this all myself even though I could, that isn't how I want it to work. Each person (s) will have a part, while I will put up all server costs, control panel licensing, domains etc etc am looking for a forum owner or someone who has a VB/IPB license, someone who can script/code & design etc etc.

I will start to go into detail once I have the people I require. This isn't a bedroom based free host, it will be a fully registered company.

We will be required to SPEAK to each other via phone etc etc, am not looking for 10 year old's, if your serious act serious is my motto.

Anyway, let me know your ideas & what you think :).

I think it's a good idea. It sure is better to have a few good people that specialize in certain areas, or that can contibute some of their talent, time, or funds to the project. It is hard for one peson to do everything and be good at everything. Plus the more staff you have, the better the support you can give.

How about a resident royal pain in the proverbial :p

Should be able to squeeze another one in, kidding, if you require posts that you have thought up for duties let me know and I'll send the CV :angel:

Craig I'm not against you starting a free hosting company.... because you are not like the kiddie hosts.... but what do you want to do differently then most? Just wondering what your plans are, maybe you'd be better to talk on MSN or via PM :p

Craig,

I am all for it. It sounds like a great idea and could really turn into something good. I know how you do business (I am a customer at HD) and it is top notch. I would love to be a part of this and would be willing to devote a lot time and effort to it. As long as it is established and isn't going anywhere then I am in. I believe that if you are going to be starting it then it won't be going anywhere since HD has been around for quite a while! ;)

I would really like to be in contact with you since I have been in the hosting business before (free & paid) and can code as well as design. Once you are ready to set this plan into action, please contact me since I would love to be a part of the team.

Paul
pcheek@tuggo.org

Last edited:
Nice idea. I would want to jump in it but I have a lot on my plate right now. Plus I don't know what my "specialty" is since I tend to dip my hands in a lot of things here and there. Good luck though. If you need ideas and stuff post it here and I'll try to help you guys out if I can.

Great idea. It's about time someone made the first step towards making a free host that does not disappoint.

I would be willing to help out, with some of the funding/work (EG: php work, template work, etc) I have experience in both whmcs and iPanel (But I do prefer whmcs over iPanel).

The biggest plus - We (Liberty-Host) have an owned version of vBulletin not in use (Saidcom down, server down) and we have no plans to carry on using it for the same site when the server comes back up.

If you want to talk, you can call me on:

(01312) 084552 - UK

And my US number is in my signature, if I’m not around, please leave a message with your number and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards,
Richard Anderson

Nice idea. I would want to jump in it but I have a lot on my plate right now. Plus I don't know what my "specialty" is since I tend to dip my hands in a lot of things here and there. Good luck though. If you need ideas and stuff post it here and I'll try to help you guys out if I can.

That's pretty much the same situation with me. I can help out with the forums if you need me to though. I used to be in free hosting for a while before moving to paid hosting.

Hi Guys

Thanks for the replies.

I will look over them individually & contact you all shortly, its currently 1:48AM & my shift is over, need sleep. My brain cant function at the moment lol.

I will draw up some more details & contact you sometime later today, gives a chance for others to give their input.

Craig,

Here is my two cents in the matter. I think it's a wonderful idea, just make sure to surround yourself with professional, knowledgeable people. Remember, there are thousands of other free hosts, try to set yourself apart with a stable company. I think it's wonderful that you are doing something like this to help everyone out. I trust you and your staff 100% to run some of my mission critical sites, because I know you can keep them up 100% of the month.

I would love to help out in any way I can be it funding, support, etc. Please contact me, I'd be very interested.

Thanks Craig,

Good Luck.

I would Love to get involved in anyway I can, but i dont really have the money to get involved, Plus most people in this thread pull some pretty serious weight anyhow, Good luck with your plan, :D

However, if you would like help with desgin, support, and otherwise, please get in touch :)

I'd be interested in helping out in any way I can. If possible could you make a list of positions that are available?

well it depends on your service uptake, and your expansion rate, unless you intend to regulate it with a rigerous selection process, then you could well end up using more than 1 server in the first 6 months, how much will you advertise, and so on will affect this. But yeah, starting with one is a good idea.

Sorry for the delay guys, been out of town on business, I will reply to you all within 24 hours from now :).

Back