• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Hosting Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
:topic:

No it is not finished. Only if people would stop attacking each other and get back on topic with the original discussion.

I think everything the elf said in his very long post was true. The clients of a free hosting service will never understand what we have to go through to keep the majority of the clients happy. Even though it may seem like we don't care about the users we get just because we are getting nothing in return, in fact we do. Nobody want's people to loose all interest in their business.

Even though I get nothing tangeble in return for my free hosting service, it does draw traffic to my site, and also makes my forum community rather active.

I keep my service clean by manually accepting users, not by an automatic sign-up. And I also have rules and any people that break them will have their account removed. It is as simple as that.

When the user has gotten everything that is stated on the tos and the rules, then I believe they have no right to complain. For example: Say that a site says they have a 98% uptime each month, then one day they are going to do some maintenance on the connection, so they shut the server down for an hour. Immediatly the administrator will begin to get flooded with emails of clients complaining that the service is down. Even if it was posted that there would be a small ammount of downtime every month. Even if there was an announcement made on the board or whatever.

I think many of the users have one thing in common that causes a problem. They don't read everything well. They take things for grantit and expect things withought actually looking.

Last edited:
DeepList: I only asked the Mod to close this thread since the tone of voice from certain participants have been going haywire for the last couple of pages.

And that is why I tried to direct the topic of discussion back to what it was originally supposed to be.

(Note: Read the above post by me.)

:topic:

Originally posted by Jan
Okay enough of the personal insults. The next one will result in an official warning. If you can't debate this in a logical mature manner, then the thread will be closed.
cirque, they have been warned. It isn't far off being closed now, don't worry. :devious2:

Originally posted by allanh

Yes. And in which thread did I bash a host or saying bashing a host is good? You seem a bit slow in getting the message

So, you are referring to your customers' demands as "whining" or "bitching". Now, I would like to see your paid customers hearing this. I see it's your fundamental attitude that needs correction. Apparently, you haven't seen how successful business people treat their customers.

Like the poll has shown, most people don't believe people like you( free hosts) don't make profits. If you are saying that you are doing it out of goodness of your heart and expect people to believe, then so be it

and you are getting boring, too

First of all, I never said you did bash a host, so maybe read the thread a little better, or point where I said you did bash a host. I used the term "they".

There are customer demands, and there are customer whines. A demand is something I can do (i.e. provide) and a whine is something I can't provide (out of my hands)...

For an example: I need more POP3 accounts << Demand
Example 2: My web site is down (backbone problems) << Whine (out of my hands)

All I can do when they whine is let them know I don't have any control over the problem, and we'll both have to wait it out.

If it's something I can fix, it's a demand and if it's not, it's a whine. These are rights paid customers have, not free users. Just because the radio station sponsored the BBQ does not give me any right to whine about the food, since it's free to begin with. I'll take me FREE pop, my FREE hotdog, walk to a bench/table, sit down, and enjoy what they gave me. If I wanted to whine, then I'll go around the corner, pay the hotdog guy $2, and if I get the same level of service from the PAID hotdog, then I have a right to whine because I paid for it. Don't you understand that? Seems you don't.

My attitude, hold on there buck-a-roo, I'm not the one attacking people now am I. I'm never singled out a person, I told off the WHOLE free user-base. And again, until you pay for my service, you have nothing to complain about (my attitude or service).

Until I get a PM from Peo/Todd telling me to shut up, no, I don't see how I am being rude. The people here treat hosts this way, and so a little here and there from a host is not such problem. My saying is "if you can dish it, hope you can take it" meaning if you can bitch at me, then I hope you can take the bitching from ME.

Rgardless of what "tandoc" said, until I'm told by Peo/Todd, then I'll continue. I don't see MOD/ADMIN under your name, so any comments from your don't really matter to me, AT ALL!

My "fundamental attitude" does not need correcting. You need to understand a few things here, 1) We, free hosts, invest tons on time and money into running hosting your site. 2) You have no rights as a free user to complain about the level of service, why? Because it's free! 3) There are more people in line that are happy with that they have, then what they are bitching about.

With all the fairness in the world, I won't accept a warning from any MOD here, only Peo/Todd (the big shots).

I'm not slow in getting the message, at all. I just like typing it over and over so people like you get pissed off. If you were to get in my face (like you are now), I'd just laugh at you, like I am now. :biggrin2: :p You can make all the personal attacks against me all you want, if that makes your mission to bring free users more rights. It won't do you any good, because we hosts have the final say in the matter anyway. What we (hosts) say goes, you should have figured that out a long time ago. When you pay for the service, then the ball is on your side. When YOU pay, then WE listen and are slaves. When you don't, we DON'T listen nor care about you. Do I care about the homeless guy down the road?? No. Do I care about my paid customers?? Yes. In this example the homeless guy is the free user-base, and the paid customer.. is well.. a paying customer.

Your just making yourself look like a fool by commenting on something you have no clue about, nor understand. The core of your first message has already been proven to be wrong, yet to seem to think that users set the rules, make the standards and hosts should beg on their knees for the honor of hosting your site. Nope, don't work that way.

Anyway, I'm done (again) trying to make a few people understand why people SHOULD RESPECT the free host, rather then bash em. Some people just never learn.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Originally posted by the elf
With all the fairness in the world, I won't accept a warning from any MOD here, only Peo/Todd (the big shots).
If you get a warning from any mod, it is still official.

A warning given by any moderator on this forum is as serious and valid as any warning given by me or Todd. If you disrespect the moderators, you will soon find yourself banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back