• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free host w/ postnuke and BBS support

Sockfulloflove

i need a free host with the following:

-50MB+ (nice if 100MB) of space
-1GB of bandwidth
-MySQL (for forums and postnuke)
-PHP (for forums and postnuke)
-FTP support
-(oh and maybe no ads, but that's not a big deal but would be nice)

thnx in advance!

-sock

ok i'm using breezeland (because the free host offer is very good) i set up mysql, uploaded the postnuke directory to the my FTP directory. but i encountered a problem when trying to install postnuke. can anybody please help me or tell me how to fix the problem, thnx in advance. here's the exact message:

CHMOD Check

We will first check to see that your file permissions are correct in order for the script to write to the file. If your settings are not correct, this script will not be able to encrypt your data in your config file. Encrypting the SQL data is added security, and is set by this script. You will also not be able to update your preferences from your admin once your site is up and running.

Please change permissions on config.php to 666 so this script can write and encrypt the DB data (HINT: use "chmod")
Please change permissions on config-old.php to 666 so this script can write and encrypt the DB data (HINT: use "chmod")

Originally posted by Sockfulloflove

CHMOD Check

Please change permissions on config.php to 666 so this script can write and encrypt the DB data (HINT: use "chmod")
Please change permissions on config-old.php to 666 so this script can write and encrypt the DB data (HINT: use "chmod")

i think it is a very clear indication.

Originally posted by Sockfulloflove
i need a free host with the following:

-50MB+ (nice if 100MB) of space
-1GB of bandwidth
-MySQL (for forums and postnuke)
-FTP support
-(oh and maybe no ads, but that's not a big deal but would be nice)

thnx in advance!

-sock
why not to try www.lycos.co.uk
though they have banner,but it is good for run a forums:)

Re: Re: free host w/ postnuke and BBS support

Originally posted by Antonio
why not to try www.lycos.co.uk
though they have banner,but it is good for run a forums:)

i tried lycos.co.uk it's good with forums, but not postnuke. everytime you clicked on something in postnuke it would redirect to the homepage of lycos.co.uk.

and yes, i'm angry breezeland is down cause that's what i currently am using. =(

-50MB
-1GB +of bandwidth
-MySQL (for forums and postnuke) autoinstall
-FTP support
-(oh and maybe no ads, but that's not a big deal but would be nice) yes now a banner

interestet??

mail on

sales@servermuehle.us with copy from this

Hmm...
Well, it seems you found a host, but mobynuke is great!
I've got my own servers and stuff, but I tried Mobynuke, and it set up instantly, and fast!

I suggest MobyNuke for portal.

Back