• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Host up for Grabs

DavidR

Note: If this is posted in the wrong section, please move it.

After 3 months of being in free hosting business my partner and I are now offering to give up our free host to someone who can take it over, because of him leaving it is hard for me to maintain it. We are not looking for any money.

There are 237 signups with the only advertising coming through this forum.

The signup script we are using is one of a kind and custom coded by a friend of mine.

How the Script Works:

When a user enters their account details on the order form, it’s stored in the database; the admin can either approve or remove a pending user. If you choose to remove them you can send an email explaining why their signup was rejected.

If the user was approved, it sends a signup email to them with their account information and connects to WHM to create the account.

Almost everything can be managed in the control panel. This leaves little work to do.

Features:

1. Ability to map a template to a plan, when a user signs up for that plan and is approved the email template that is assigned to the plan is sent.

2. Supports both PayPal and 2Checkout Recurring Subscriptions.

3. Ability to deny access to signup page based on IP address, if the IP address is blocked they will be shown the message you specify.

4. Ability to cache and send emails to all users. Caching was used in case we grew to thousands of users and did not want to worry about time outs, after each email is sent it is removed from the mysql database, so time outs are no issues.

5. Plan management, changes can be applied to plans with a few clicks of a mouse.

6. Template management, changes can be made to templates with ease. It is setup so that you can use things such as [username], [password], to show the users username and password when the email is sent out to the user. You are given a list of keywords to use when modifying a template.

7. Ability to Suspend/Delete/Remove users through our script. An email is also sent out with the message you provide.

8. Payment Settings manager, enable or disable either 2checkout or the PayPal module instantly. It is easy to setup and use.

9. Search feature allows you to search through the entire mysql database to find a user based on any criteria such as name, email, address.

10. Simple area to view all pending, active or suspended users.

Client Login

There is also a client login section, this is where each user can login and update his/her account information. There is a plan to add a helpdesk in the next version, which will be included in the client login section.

The script will be encoded when given to whoever takes over hahahosting.com

All we are looking for is someone to take over hahahosting and move it to there own server/reseller as soon as possible. We hope to pick a person with some experience with the hosting industry.

If anyone is interested in taking over a free hosting company that is easy to run, this is your chance!

Post your questions below or PM them to me. I will check back here early tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I would also be intersted in this. If you decide to go with someone else, I'd still be interested in a copy of your script :)

Thank you so much for your offers everyone, I found someone who sent me a PM and if it does not work out, I will let everyone know.

My friend was planning on fixing the script up a tiny bit and then giving it out. I might post it here when he is done.

Look forward to it.
Do you plan to offer the script for free or will there be a charge for it?
How many admin users can be created?

I did not notice this thread had any updates till now.

The site hahahosting.com was given to a new owner and things are running smoothly.

About this script it will be posted on a scripting site soon.

The script will be given out free of charge to anyone who wants to use it.

The script can create unlimited admin users. Within the next week there will be a lot of changes to it to make it better. If anyone is seriously interested in the script I can get you a copy of the current version of the new one in a week.

I'm serious about that script. I think it will be a terrific little tool for hosts. I would seriously like that script. :)

Back