• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Foreign Domains...

Whoa! Wouldn't think so many people could post about ripping off foreign countries without being hammered by some law abiding forum user. Instead of a getting a com.ru, what difference does it make to get some other redirecting URL? Like cjb.net or da.ru or something? And once you register these names, where are they hosted and point to?

The domains are being offered free to anyone that wants them, regardless of where they live... How is that "ripping off"???

for the registration of .com.ru's the Organization field must be one word. I always used to get errors becuase of that. Woofcat. can you make a notice on your site to that

Originally posted by Mandrake
The domains are being offered free to anyone that wants them, regardless of where they live... How is that "ripping off"???

Are they really for anyone who wants them? I just figured that it would be illegal to register an international domain if you don't live in that country.

Indeed... Russia's site very clearly indicates that you do not have to be a resident of Russia to register a domain there.

Or just *ask*... that's what this discussion board is for! Ask questions, learn, pass on what you know to others. :)

i dug up this old thread... but i want to know how to reg com.ru`s ! please the tutorials are down

Back