• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free domains

A .kg is not free, but a *.*.kg is.

What do they mean by name server?
Usually NS1.YOURHOST.com and NS2.YOURHOST.com

Chekc with your host to be sure though.

Hi,

Geocities doesnt provide domain hosting (I think you might have to pay for it). So you cannot use those namservers, also domainzero do not provide free domains anymore.

Robert

me too...

Domain COM.KG

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
Sergey Piryazev (SP1-KG),
Bishkek
phone: +996 312 219849

Technical Contact:
Anton Bolshakov (AB1-KG), help@asiainfo.kg
OcOO AsiaInfo Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek Sovetskay street, 175
phone: + 996 312 223848
fax: + 996 312 663434

Record created: Tue Jan 16 08:42:32 2001
Record last updated on Fri May 25 19:28:56 2001
Record expires on Thu Jan 1 21:57:24 2026

Name servers in the listed order:

AS.ASIAINFO.KG
NS.RIPE.NET

Think of them any way you want. They are real domains.

If you were to look up the gentleman in the record, I am sure you would find he is either an official of the governement or the agency with whom the government contracts administration of the .kg domain. He's no doubt listed just to avoid the screw up that happened at another domain a few months ago, where they actually did allow someone to register the com.xx but already had hundreds of xxx.com.xx domains registered.

xxx.com.kg is no less a domain than xxx.co.uk would be, or xxx.tampa.fl.us is. You must remember the country code TLDs are a very late afterthought in the DNS system, and many of the rules relating to their administration are left to the individual countries to which they are assigned.

Last edited:
Originally posted by mugma
That just spoils the illusion of having a free domain :(
They are as real as .co.uk and our little known .pp.se. Go get one. Get ten. :)

Back