• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Domain or Subdomain with DNS Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soundcheck

Does anyone know of a place other than Uni.cc that can give you a free domain or subdomain but also have DNS Access? Thanks alot for the help!

za.net is only for south africans or their affiliates.
eu.org is good. for europeans or non-profit/small sites.
dhs.org requires a $5 donation.

Originally posted by sk0rpion
eu.org is good. for europeans or non-profit/small sites.
dhs.org requires a $5 donation.

I wasn't aware of that requirement for za.net, but maybe that's why I never got the one that I applied for there a couple of years ago.

As for dhs.org, is that a new thing? I've had domains there before (also a couple of years ago) and never had to pay anything. Kind of makes it worthless now. Might as well pay another $2.00 and get a real domain.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mandrake

I wasn't aware of that requirement for za.net, but maybe that's why I never got the one that I applied for there a couple of years ago.

As for dhs.org, is that a new thing? I've had domains there before (also a couple of years ago) and never had to pay anything. Kind of makes it worthless now. Might as well pay another $2.00 and get a real domain.
I think they have been charging for a couple months now. :confused2

Originally posted by sk0rpion
i've registered many za.net/za.org subdomains for friends over the years. never been affected by a rule like that.

Well, I found this out pretty much by accident!:p :biggrin2: :confused2 but what you do is:

- Wait about a week for an e-mail saying "Your domain will be ready in 24 hours."
- Reply to that e-mail with the DNS you want. That e-mail address can be used for dns changes.
- And there u go a domain!:biggrin2:

:: oh ::

oh..can i know the url.cos i'm doing a free stuff site..and would love to put the link there !~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back