• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Domain name

7trax

Free .com/.net/.org Domain NameStarting August 8

No tricks, no gimmicks, no setup fees. Just a simple contest where everyone with an internet connection has an equal chance to win.

***Moderators needed on forum. Very nice loyalty program including webhosting, domain names and fully customized forums. Email to apply.

So this is another scheme to "fill" up your forum with members with a prize as bribery? If so it has been tried and failed on many occasions :confused2

Get a unique forum, and members will join if they are interested. That way you will have quality members. You get people signing up to *maybe* win something, once the contest is over with, you won't see them for dust. Sorry to trash your ad, but as said, it has been tried too many times for me to count.

nah i'm just a nice guy with some cool little domain vouchers i got from a internet technology expo. i have no use for multiple domains as i only have one site. i doubt i will be getting very many posts on my bbs. i only have 2 real forums and 1 shaky forum, none of the "contests" will require any amount of posts to be made on my bbs. its just going to be quizzes and a couple design contests. once the contest is over.. all the users could vanish.. yes... i agree with you on that... but i'd get them back on the next friday when the next contest comes around. ;) i dont care about the quality or quanity of members just as long as i make people happy and use my vouchers (the ones i have no use for). i also owe 600 hours community service to my local judge and he surprisingly allowed a non-profit website as a way to do it as long as i get testimonials.

**would it make you feel better about my "scheme of bribery" (as you call it) if i give you a free domain?**

How long will you be running the contest? I'd like to participate but I'm going to be away from Aug 4 to Aug 16...

How long will you be running the contest? I'd like to participate but I'm going to be away from Aug 4 to Aug 16...

i have about $200 and 13 domain vouchers set aside towards domain purchase, running a contest the first friday of each month, but i may change that to every other friday. i am currently making about $750 a week with my current jobs so i could easily contribute another 50 per month. by money, i am set for a couple years. it wont be one single contest continuously run.

Originally posted by Jan
So this is another scheme to "fill" up your forum with members with a prize as bribery? If so it has been tried and failed on many occasions :confused2

Get a unique forum, and members will join if they are interested. That way you will have quality members. You get people signing up to *maybe* win something, once the contest is over with, you won't see them for dust. Sorry to trash your ad, but as said, it has been tried too many times for me to count.
Originally posted by Peo
If you are not interested in an ad posted here, do NOT reply.
wow, even the mods are getting out of line.

Last edited:
from some internet marketing company that came to a college near my house. they gave like every 10th person that bought a coke or somethin like that one. i got alot from people that didnt no what they were for or had no use for them.

Originally posted by autographsbymai
ill be a mod if i can get this to load.....Its taking forever.

That's right dude, i can't see a Good Load on the Forum i have waited like 5 Min, to see the Forums with Broadband:rolleyes:

sorry, i didnt know this thread was still going. i changed servers and i am currently moving the forum, and my host's isp is fubar.

Last edited:
Originally posted by keith
wow, even the mods are getting out of line.
Not sure how I missed this Keith :) We have taken it on board to toss most "join my forums and win" posts, and certainly any straight out 'my new forum is open" posts will be removed. It looks to me like this one should have gone that way too as it died already :confused2

People won't and don't get 1000 members overnight by spamming their forums on all the message boards they can think of, no matter what the "bribe" is. Sure they might get a few who join only to "win the prize", but is it worth it in the end?

Originally posted by Jan
...It looks to me like this one should have gone that way too as it died already :confused2

already died? i just said i changed servers...

People won't and don't get 1000 members overnight by spamming their forums on all the message boards they can think of, no matter what the "bribe" is.

i dont want 1000 members, more like 50 would be nice. i didnt expect to get many members overnight i didnt get any until 2 days after. this is an offer, a perfectly legitimate offer. you can call it a bribe if you want, you are entitled to your opinion but maybe you should consult a dictionary and figure out what bribing means before you accuse me of it.

Sure they might get a few who join only to "win the prize"...

the only purpose of the forum is to "win the prize" with a few threads on the side for while the contest is in progress, so does few that come only to "win the prize" are doing just what is expected.

... but is it worth it in the end?

yes it is because my work here qualifies for community service that i owe to my local judicial court. as i have already said once, i dont need the vouchers, i am a nice guy and (this one is new!) i'd like to see people with quality websites that dont already have a domain, get their website a solid www presence and generate more income/users (whichever applies).

if you want you can continue to criticize my generosity and try to get a legitimate offer deleted from this forum. i like to debate and i enjoy defending myself. please reply with your definition of bribery and how that applies to me. also, any more accusations would be greatly appreciated too.... how about "illegaly using CARA copyrighted material or something like that."

Back