• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Dedicated Servers?

It looks more like an enthusiast daring to venture into uncharted waters to me, but I doubt that anyone who has spent so much time, effort and money to build up that kind of traffic is willing to risk the site with it.

I have a small site and was thinking of putting it there, for testing purposes, while leaving a backup on my real host.

I think they say on their Web site that you need to have 5000+ page views of your main page per day to qualify.....

When doing the math trying to discover a scam with this thing, I came to the conclusion that this -might- actually work.

It all depends how much they make on the advertising... if it's 1$ cpm (5$/day, 150$/month)it's not gonna be around for long... if it's 2$ cpm (10$/day, 300$/month) or more, it might be do-able provided they have a decent startup budget.

If you really think someone is going to give you this in exchange for placing a banner on your pages your sadly in another world. 300gb of bandwidth hahahahahahaha. Sorry someone's having a laugh.

Dual Hard Drives - 36 GB LVD SCSI, 40 GB EIDE**
Intel Pentium III 850 MHz
100 Base T Ethernet
1024 MB RAM
256+ IP addresses*
300 GB per month bandwidth transfer!
Contact our sales team to discuss your custom needs!

Oh and -

Registrant:
ROBERTS, KEVIN (FREEDEDICATEDSERVERS-DOM)
contact admin please
CONTACT ADMIN PLEASE, CONTACT ADMIN PLEASE admin
PT
PT

Domain Name: FREEDEDICATEDSERVERS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
BRAUNFELD, HANS (HXB578) freededicatedservers@hotmail.com
FREEDEDICATEDSERVERS.COM
PO Box 152
VARSSEVELD,, GELDERLAND 7050
NL
+31 31529801
Billing Contact:
ROBERTS, KEVIN (KRQ102) freededicatedservers@hotmail.com
ROBERTS, KEVIN
contact admin please
CONTACT ADMIN PLEASE, CONTACT ADMIN PLEASE admin PT
+351 123 123 1234

Record last updated on 02-Nov-2000.
Record expires on 04-May-2001.
Record created on 04-May-2000.
Database last updated on 17-Nov-2000 03:24:26 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS.FREEDEDICATEDSERVERS.COM 64.176.155.141
NS2.FREEDEDICATEDSERVERS.COM 64.176.192.44

I'll let you make up your own mind......

I believe its a scam...

I know someone who's been dealing with these guys since this thread started. They didnt accept the logs, they didnge accept what the stats reports showed. FreeDS wants their banners on every page of the site for two weeks to see if the site qualifies for the service. Personally I think this is a warning sign of a scam. After all, how many sites are rotating their banners, then told they didnt qualify, and how many sites actually got their own free dedicated server? Seems like they would have no prob showing what sites have a server with them...yet nothing is said about it on their pages.

I think their service is very good.

Good tactics guys by those people who are making a mint from SELLING dedicated servers. Obvios the would slag off a service like this.

They did it to geocities when the launched free webpages. Now they are doing it to freededicatedservers.com

When will people ever learn?

Back