• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free .com domains at 1and1

Nevertheless web hosts register such domain names for themselves. Not all but some do. Web hosts thing that in such way they will keep customers with them.

Domain Registrars might register certain domains so that way people might have no choice but to register with that domain registrar.

Others, when choosing the private whois, will show that a domain registrar owns the domain, and not some individual or company.

I see .Info domains for 0.99, :( wow so sad, I was needing a .com domain for some project hehe, I will try that .info...

Domain Registrars might register certain domains so that way people might have no choice but to register with that domain registrar.
Why do you think so? I suppose everyone have the choice and everyone can chose any domain name registrar he wants.

Hello Members,,,
Just passing through this post and Thought there many webhosting companies how offer free domain for 1 year but people ever thought what next they have to pay. They have to pay for Hosting and after 1 year the have to pay for the domain name and hosting.. that will be huge amount...:)

I've already got my domain and it is a nice promotion because newbie webmasters can get their own TLD domain for free and in 1 years than can monetize it so paying the domain renewal fee will not be a problem. :)

I have heard they are not good now and on the most domain name related forums it is recommended to transfer domain names somewhere else.

Others, when choosing the private whois, will show that a domain registrar owns the domain, and not some individual or company.

I suppose you are talking about some certain domain name zones, aren't you?

Back