• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free collaboration script?

heymrdj

The Debian Lover
NLC
I'm going through a new experience right now while I'm making the new EA3.0 and EANetworx. A group of people. Used to it was just me and my co-admin. SO it was easy to keep up with what was getting done and needing done. But now, these two projects are so huge, and we have so many good people working on it, I can't keep up with assignments. I'm almost to the point I'll have to set up more coadmins to subject out the work, but that's not really going to work because only me and my co-admin know what we want done and how it is to be subjected.

I need the following, is there anything that can do this?

The ability to post jobs, assign people a job, and them have a place to post their status.

A Help Desk for people to ask me or my co-admin questions in the form of a ticket.

A multi-project setup (currently running 4 projects to put together the new system)

A place to post global news on the projects that anyone signed up can read.

A chat room (php type) would be nice, but definitely not a requirement.

I dunno if I'm being vague or what. Its my first time dealing with this kind of stuff. So maby if someone can throw out some ideas as to what I need, or show me some good free ones to use.

There are lots of good open source group/project scripts like this ...just try to google them first.

I have seen many cool ones. just can't remember where they are because I never needed one.

I'll take a look at that Wojtek.

So far I've gotten dotProject downloaded. Project-Open for VMWare is downloading now. Thats the one I'm most interested in (it comes with a full SUSE 10.0 install). Any others while i'm waiting on the last 120MB to finish?

PHPNUKE has some project module with forum as well it also shows how far ur project has progress etc. nice stuff.

PHPNUKE is full blow at this point may be Joomla be cool too.

PHPNUKE has some project module with forum as well it also shows how far ur project has progress etc. nice stuff.

PHPNUKE is full blow at this point may be Joomla be cool too.

Phpbb will be better.

Just use a forum like phpbb.
It is free and easy to setup

I get the idea that for some reason people think forum software is a collaboration system, with Helpdesk support, project completion statuses, job ques ect. :p

Back