• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

free centralinfo.net type site

Omari

i need a centralinfo.net type site for my da.ru url... anyone know where i can find one? i am using zoneedit right now but i am not sure what this 200mb stuff is all about...

i'm using zoneedit.com as well. excellent service. stick with it. i don't know what you mean about anything regarding 200 mb and zoneedit.com.

on the account info page it has somthing that says "Each Zone adds 1 domain and 200MB" i don't know what they are tallking about...

and does zone edit work for free forever, what is this billing stuff all about?

Originally posted by Omari

Nothing works forever. Especially if it's free :p.

Originally posted by Omari
on the account info page it has somthing that says "Each Zone adds 1 domain and 200MB" i don't know what they are tallking about...

Don't worry about the 200mb thing. I guess you should be ok with zoneedit.com. See, what they mean is ...

There is a bandwidth limitation per domain per year of 200 megabytes of total data transferred through our servers. Usage that counts towards your quota includes bytes transferred during DNS queries, delivery of parked home pages, delivery of URL forwarding information, and delivery of forwarded e-mails. If you do not use WebPark, WebForward and MailForward, then only DNS queries will count towards your total usage.

If a single domain goes over 200 MB of transfer during a year, then it counts as TWO domains, if it goes over 400MB, then it counts as three, etc. Usually DNS hits are cached, so even the busiest sites won't go over the 200 MB limit. 200 MB should get you about 1,000,000 DNS queries. A typical site uses 5 MB per year of DNS bandwidth.

There is no limit to the number of subdomains or records that your zone may contain.

Back