• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Blogger Script

NukedWeb

Some people in other forums on here had mentioned before about a blogger script. Well, I just spent the last few hours making "SquawkBox". If you have a PHP-enabled website, you may want to check this out, and don't worry about MySQL, it reads messages from a flat text file. :) Here's the description from my website:

SquawkBox is a free blogger script that allows your website's visitors to post thoughts and comments on your website and have them appear on your main page. Every aspect of design and functionality can be configured.

More Info: http://www.nukedweb.com/phpscripts/squawkbox.php

For anyone interested, I'll be spending the rest of the day making SquawkHost. This script will allow you to run your own free blogger service on your website. This one however *will* require MySQL. :D

That looks cool. I'm going to try it out - is it difficult to set up? I have very rarely used PHP.

I try to make em as easy as possible to set up, but the directions I write usually implies that the person has already had experience...I'm worse at giving directions than I am at getting them. ;)

Not a blogger hosting service.....a blogger hosting service script. :p To allow someone else to host a blogger service.

"blog"...I can't get over it...it just sounds funny to say it..

At the moment I'm still hammering out the details of it in my head. Since you've taken such an active interest in it, maybe you can help me a bit. What kind of configuration options would you like to see in it? =)

Originally posted by NukedWeb
Not a blogger hosting service.....a blogger hosting service script. :p To allow someone else to host a blogger service.

That's pretty cool. :classic2:

I think so. What's a shoutbox? hehe I've never used, or even seen these things before...I wrote it based on what people said about it in one of the other threads :p

Hmm...features...well, what have you got now? Basic stuff would be nice...list of users, # of posts they've made...perhaps a 'close this blog' if stuff gets out of hand, or at least instructions on how to do it if that's too complicated (very n3wb at PHP, so I don't know).

To count number of users and number of posts, a person would have to register with the blog first, which defeats the point of making it simple. It should always be "two clicks, some words, and you've posted" :D The script could always "guess", but a person doesn't always have to use the same nickname =)

There could be a disable feature, I like that idea...just something that disables posting until the person can remove posts. I'm working on another script now while I plan out the next one...my brain's sooo fried...

Back