• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fraud > Hostelement.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBmaster

Hey guys.

the 20 of october i signed up with hostelement.com. They had a special offer. 3gb space and 200gb transfer for $3.95 a month. Pretty good offer IMO. The choice stood between em and pow cause i needed bandwith.

Hostelement.com offered cpanel and in there u can click a bandwith graf. I did that in oct. cool i had 200gb. The problem is that there offer ended in november and when the new month started i was downgraded to 100gb a month.

This is really ----ty since i signed up for a whole year and i have no way to punish the company for cheating me. They of course say we newer offered 200gb transfer. And i have no way of proving that they did. I should have taken a screenshot of the offer i signed up for.

Is this a common method in the buisness ? Did anybody else sign up as well ?

And remember everybody. take that screenshoot and save it.

Anyway i would highly recommend NOT signing up with hostelement.com there support is very poor. They threat every ticket as a courtcase.

KBmaster

Did you try to contact them? Did you no responce? Well report them to the BBB.org Before you file a complaint just see if you can talk to them before telling people not to buy. Try reasoning with them, then if does not work now you can start complaining and filling a claim and if you paid by paypal file claim there too!

Thx for the support 2xhosting

All that would have been done right now if i could prove that they had cheated me. I have nothing. That is my fault, one i will not make again. I just advise anybody to take the screenshots before signing up.

Kbmaster

200GB for $3.95?

Whether that sounds like a good deal or not, be sensible before signing up.

You should ask for a refund, at least a refund for the time you have left on your plan paid for. As for them threatening in any way for this kind of thing, it's ridicule.

If you signed up for a 200GB Bandwidth plan, it should stay that way.

Sometimes it's better to do your own math with these kind of deals:

No servers located in reliable quality networks are cheap.

Mmmm

I realy can`t see the fun in it guys. :shame:

hosts like hostelement.com, powweb etc. $7-10 for 200-400gb transfer. Are very common sites and do not sell bad bandwith. you get what u pay for,i DIDN`T thats what i wrong.

The site that hosts freewebspace.net are very very pricy. 5 gb transfer for $30 a month. that isn`t realistic, who on gods planet would use such a company.

So please don`t say its my own fault, its not.

Unless you have information that can help me or you yourself have been cheated, then please don´t reply in this posts.

KBmaster

Last edited:
Apologize if my comments were patronizing, it was not my intetnion.

But in such case there's not much you can do to get back at them. Contact the higher ranks of Hostelement.com and see if your complaints will get you something.

Othewise just find a new host as soon as possible.

Same here. I didn't mean to imply that it was your fault. If a company says they can offer you a service they should be able to provide it. But, the only way a host can offer you 200GB of transfer for $3.95 per month is if they are overselling (ie. ~6 x 3.95 = ~$24 for a server that is probably worth ~$150+ per month - these are rough figures but I'm sure you get the point). I hope you get your problems sorted out with them. :)

KBmaster said:
I realy can`t see the fun in it guys. :shame:

hosts like hostelement.com, powweb etc. $7-10 for 200-400gb transfer. Are very common sites and do not sell bad bandwith. you get what u pay for,i DIDN`T thats what i wrong.

The site that hosts freewebspace.net are very very pricy. 5 gb transfer for $30 a month. that isn`t realistic, who on gods planet would use such a company.

Unless you have information that can help me or you yourself have been cheated, then please don´t reply in this posts.

KBmaster

Now wait one minute... Customer or not, I won't let you get away with saying that! And no hosts should be apologizing to this poster whatsoever

You got screwed, by a host.
Welcome to the club.
Life is hard.
Waa Waa Waa.

You are just another customer that expects the world for $4 /month.

How old are you? Do you run your own business? Do you have kids to feed? Mortgages to pay?

Who is anyone in their right mind?

Do you have any idea what it costs to run a real server and baby sit a bunch of kids who are trying to score a $2 per month website? You have no idea

Don't get me wrong it's a shame that you got screwed, no one deserves it. But I absolutely cannot stand when a customer will sit and compare prices on Brand Name Milk and Local Farmer's Milk and pay more for the Brand Name, because it's Brand Name. You put more effort in choosing Milk then you do a webhost! Right or wrong?

You will always get what you pay for. Lesson Learned.

By the way, this site is hosted by the owner. Not a hosting company, where's that $30 price quote comming from? Someone else already out to bait you?

You need to learn to research. And not one other self respecting host should be apologizing.

Hi KBMaster,
It's common to have problems with hosts offering so much for so little. If a minimum requirement server costs $70+ for 1000/1200gb's of bandwidth from a good server company are you going to be able to use 200gb of that for $3.95?

The answer is no if you didn't get that.

Last edited:
JLHost said:
200GB for $3.95?

Whether that sounds like a good deal or not, be sensible before signing up.

You should ask for a refund, at least a refund for the time you have left on your plan paid for. As for them threatening in any way for this kind of thing, it's ridicule.

If you signed up for a 200GB Bandwidth plan, it should stay that way.

Sometimes it's better to do your own math with these kind of deals:

No servers located in reliable quality networks are cheap.

Well.. If he stayed there for a week he would only get around 2.75 or something.

Minus paypal fees that would be about $2.00 is it even worth it lol.

I strongly reccommand you pay atleast $4 for any hosting account lol.

eRudNet

Alright now about that comment about 20GB for $30.00

Lets do some logical skills here.

Server Costs (EST): $150
Support Costs (EST): $50
Website/Software Costs (EST): $50

Add that all togeather to get about $250.00 per a month is the average hosting company.

Now take away $3.95 and you get about $246.05

Now let me see the average server has 1200GB of Bandwidth and 80GB of Space.

Your Plan 3GB/200GB
3-80 = 77 (Not Bad)
200-1200 = 1000GB

So.. That host is down to 1000GB. He is spending an extra $246 just for the sake of it. THAN he has to give you support,etc.

So.. If he sold 6 accounts, he would be out of bandwidth. And he would be making
$23.70 per a month. So he just feels like paying around $200 out of his pocket each month because he wants to.

WRONG.

Go to the store.. You will notice a bag of chips and a can of pop is more. So if he bought 6 of those (each) a month he would be out $250 per a month. Think about it. The world is not free. There is a commerence system in it. When you grow up and half to pay 40% of everything you make to governments (Who sit on there arse) you will relise the world isn't as cheap as you think. Insurence on your Car is about $400.. A month.. Now minus everything else.. I hope you get the point.

eRudNet

Last edited:
Hello Members of FreeWebspace.net,

I'm Heeren, a representative from HostElement Web Hosting. I came across this thread and I thought that I would shed some light on the situation that KBmaster brought up.

I'd like to set the record straight on the fact that we have never offered our Fireball plan with 200gb of bandwidth. If we were in the wrong we would be more than welcome to rectify the situation, but since he was just trying to squeeze more bandwidth out of us we didn't feel it was fair to us to try to take a loss when it was not our error. We did offer him additional months for free just because we wanted to keep him happy.

Our support staff follows guidelines when assisting customers, and has never used any threats or negatory comments towards our customers. We log all communication between the customer and our support team and will not tolerate any such behaviour.

The reason that we are able to offer so much for so little is because we own all our own equipment and our housed in our datacenter, so when we offer 100gb of bandwidth we give you that much bandwidth. Not every customer uses that amount of bandwidth so we only have to worry about what is used. Our servers are managed very efficiently so that abuse, and quality of service is our top priority. We have yet to have downtime or server issues.

Now for the case of KBmaster...
He claims that we gave him threats, and that we did not work with him to make things right. We offered him a free extension on his account and treated him with nothing but respect. He also claimed that he required space because he needed to host ".pdf" files, his account was suspended due to abuse and I would beware. His pdf files aren't what they seem.

We are a web hosting company that strives towards providing world-class service and support. I hope this sets the record straight as I'd hate for someone to read this and think otherwise.

Last edited:
HE-Heeren said:
The reason that we are able to offer so much for so little is because we own all our own equipment and our housed in our datacenter, so when we offer 100gb of bandwidth we give you that much bandwidth. Not every customer uses that amount of bandwidth so we only have to worry about what is used. Our servers are managed very efficiently so that abuse, and quality of service is our top priority. We have yet to have downtime or server issues.
NetRange: 64.246.0.0 - 64.246.63.255
CIDR: 64.246.0.0/18
NetName: EVRY-BLK-9
NetHandle: NET-64-246-0-0-1
Parent: NET-64-0-0-0-0
NetType: Direct Allocation
NameServer: NS1.EV1.NET
NameServer: NS2.EV1.NET
Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
RegDate: 2001-10-05
Updated: 2003-03-31

Recent Downtime

I have been a member of HostElement for close to a year now, and haven't had many problems. In the past 3 months though, their servers have been down for a few days, and never has anykind of reasoning for the downtime been sent out to their customers. This is really been the only fault I've seen with their company. The other thing is when their systems go down, so does their emails so all the emails I send asking "why is my site down" kicks back because their email severs are down also. I've called them in the past, and all I can ever do is leave a voicemail, but I do know I call when servers are down. It would be nice if they put a recording up stating that servers are down and we look to have them up in a day, week, month, 72 hours, etc. :confused4

AHA!!!! So you admit you oversell!! That's basically what you're doing if you're giving each customer 100 gb of bandwidth on the assumption that nobody will use that much. However, that is a good bet because you'll probably attract a bunch of newbies who probably won't end up using even 1 gb per month.

I recommend you do more research on the topic of web hosting before you make comments like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back