• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

forums question

Silent

Whatever happened to the CGI Forums? YaBB was the only one i knew of, now they are all PHP and MySQL, i understand they are better, but alot of free hosts only off PHP and no MySQL or CGI and no MySQL or PHP, you'd be much better off using YaBB instead of begging at FWS for a free host with PHP and MySQL... heh. Anyone agree?

there are some flat file based forums but I dont remeber where to find them but I'm sure they exist.

Yeah, i cant find any... Oh well, im just happy with whatever i can get, theres a guy in another forum offering free PHPBB hosting.

If you could get a free host that really supported CGI forums then congrats, you've made a discovery. Not even paid hosts now (most) allow CGI forum scripts, the likes of YaBB, Ikonboard. On one host I saw 75% of its resources were used by three boards, each using 25%.

Back