• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

forcing adds

scottm

what software is needed to force adds on websites? i have a reseller with whm? as i want to offer hosting to a couple of freinds but wanna place my adds on there site?

You'll need xPanel or iPanel to force ads into user sites. You'll also need root access (vps or dedicated server) with mod_layout installed to force ads. Alternatively, ChargerTek has their resellers setup where you can just install iPanel and it works.

http://www.xpanel.com/ - Don't know much about this one, except it's a total solution for free-hosts. Control Panel is integrated.
http://www.ihostdev.com/ - iPanel, an add-on to cpanel. Creates accounts automatically, free or paid

That's why I said to go with CT. Or, I could do it for you also at Outhost.org if you get iPanel. It's on $50. You need root access to setup the crontab, which I could do for you. PM me if you're interested.

i heard it is possible to create a custom .htaccess file in the skelton dir and this will force the adds on each site?

scottm said:
i heard it is possible to create a custom .htaccess file in the skelton dir and this will force the adds on each site?
What if they delete the .htaccess?

kwekminghong said:
What if they delete the .htaccess?

Have a PHP script that logs into the account and check that the file is still their and have the correct data in it. If not, they disable the account, run via cron every 30 mins.

hosting-shack said:
Have a PHP script that logs into the account and check that the file is still their and have the correct data in it. If not, they disable the account, run via cron every 30 mins.
How about emptying .htaccess?:p

Or some scripts have their own .htaccess that overrides the default.

Back