• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Flood

notnamed

/fws/
NLC
I woke up this morning to ankle-deep water in my house.

http://wlfi.com/Global/story.asp?S=7592535

(Sorry for the crappy local news site.)

By the time I got out of my house and over to my (slightly higher-ground) neighbors, the water was waist-deep (inside the house). We stood on dining room chairs in my neighbor's living room until we were finally rescued by boat. When we started, the water was 3" from the bottom of the chairs - by the time the boat got there, they were 3" above the chairs. We passed the time by passing around some whiskey (to stay warm, of course, the water was 35 degrees) and talking about how we were going to hit the insurance companies to replace all of our ----.

I'm currently sitting in my mom's living room. I now own my wallet and my underwear (I tossed my wet stuff for some stuff of my neighbor's when I got there).

I'll get pictures online eventually, if I can get ahold of a camera - my cell phone and my camera are floating.

God, that's got to be one of the most helpless feelings. Hopefully everything works out in the end, as far as insurance and whatnot. Good to see you're safe.

Wow that's scary! Hopefully it subsides soon and not too much damage done :( The weather is crazy I tell ya!

I woke up this morning to ankle-deep water in my house.

http://wlfi.com/Global/story.asp?S=7592535

(Sorry for the crappy local news site.)

By the time I got out of my house and over to my (slightly higher-ground) neighbors, the water was waist-deep (inside the house). We stood on dining room chairs in my neighbor's living room until we were finally rescued by boat. When we started, the water was 3" from the bottom of the chairs - by the time the boat got there, they were 3" above the chairs. We passed the time by passing around some whiskey (to stay warm, of course, the water was 35 degrees) and talking about how we were going to hit the insurance companies to replace all of our ----.

I'm currently sitting in my mom's living room. I now own my wallet and my underwear (I tossed my wet stuff for some stuff of my neighbor's when I got there).

I'll get pictures online eventually, if I can get ahold of a camera - my cell phone and my camera are floating.

Sorry to hear that man. If there's any way I could help you out, please let me know.

Sorry to hear that and hope everything gets better!

Just think, if ya ever wanted a waterbed you now have one!

The same thing happened to my sister's home a few years ago. This has an insane amount of suckness, hope you're alright.

Thanks for all the support :) Currently it would be illegal for me to go back to the house. According to my mom, the latest weather reports and water levels say the water would be at my ceiling if not over the roof by now.
Dealing with insurance isn't going to be fun, but it's going to be at least a day or two before they can send their bloodhounds out to sniff around in my stuff. At this point though, it's more likely that FEMA is going to say the house is a loss and cut us a check and then insurance company won't even get involved.

Meaning what? Your stay at your Mom's is extended until you can find a new house to buy filled with new furniture and whatnot? I hope things work out for you dude, but I always worry when I hear the word FEMA bandied about. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Johnson, I'm glad me and my av have coerced you the way we have....is it so influential you feel the need to send me money?

Right now I'm staying at my grandparents, they have an apartment they built over their garage that's been mostly unused except by family visiting for holidays, etc. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high with FEMA and other emergency management type places giving us money - they did a bad enough job just getting us out - but if the damage is as bad as my mom is saying it is, I think they're going to be coming in. The house is actually owned by my stepdad, I'm just living there - his insurance covers the structure of the house, but we're not sure it covers the stuff in the house. That's why I'm hoping FEMA will have to get involved. My stepdad is saying that if the house is considered totaled (or whatever the term is) then they probably wouldn't let us rebuild there, as it's flooded before (although never nearly this badly).

My stepdad owns the house, I was living there alone and paying utilities. He still had a lot of furniture and stuff in the house, but I had a fair amount of my own stuff in there as well. He has a lot more value in the house than I did though - some very nice office furniture, all the appliances, etc.

i was going to say, damn, your profile says you are only 19, i want your job. :p but, makes more sense now. is insurance going to cover everything, or, only part?

Back