• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

fiveminuteVPS & connecthost

Well as I suspected, the VPS with 5MVPS is gone this morning, HyperVM login disabled and no refund (nor any form of contact), nor invoice.

So looks like another Jewlzk/Geekrack fiasco as initially feared...

Welcome to a small elite group PC-Core!

Your joking :eek3:

I am going to contact them now. I've been receiving quite a few complaints and this is really annoying.

No joke Cameron, "This login has been Disabled. Please contact the administrator." on HyperVM and no response to the VPS's IP's let alone a login to WHM.

Luckily I seen it comming and moved sites to a new VPS in time - just, as it was exceptionally short notice.

Even better, today an email arrives from pc-core and is sent straight to SPAM (wonder why that is) and I can login to pc-core's client area, and surprise it shows the same $30 credit.

pc-core%20credit.gif

Now the question is since the account is in credit why would they cease a VPS? Why not refund as requested either (or even just reply to communications - GeekRack *cough*)

OK, now I'm pissed. I told them they weren't to touch that site (sale is still pending) and they won't listen. Maybe it's time for me to get lawyers in and re-take over this company?

If it's still pending how did they get the WHMCS database :devious2:

For my part all I require is refund of the unduly withheld amount (as requested on more than one occassion) and my details completely removed from both parties records in all shapes and forms, time is of the essence for both parts of the request.

Well it was going to be that it was joint operated for 30 days (still within the period) and then I was going to leave, but they have just assumed full control and locked me out of everything.

If they can't get their damn act together, I'll try refund you myself out of my personal account or, if you would like, go ahead and open an unauthorized PayPal dispute as the company PayPal account was personally limited by me to avoid further payments to/from it etc so you'll most likely win :)

Unauthorised would only work if I hadn't made the payment to start with.

Although if the paid to account's been 'stolen' you should be able to report it and get control back.

Well you could just say it wasn't authorized?

Mind you, that's kind of unethical, but it's really up to you. I don't want any of my customers feeling ripped off so email me at my address and I'll try get some PayPal money to pay you back ;)

PM'd you the email for PP Cameron, but I'd rather see PC-Core actually doing what they should and not behaving like crooks in this instance...

Well, apparently I was "terminated" from NetX due to the hacking issue, but for a week I have been getting reminder after reminder from PC-Core that I am overdue on a payment.

What??????

I can never get a hold of their "24/7 Support Team" to tell them that am not associated with them anymore. I am not sure if Decker is having the same problem I am.

I would just like a backup of all of my accounts... and according to Cody from PC-Core you guys at NetX never enabled Automated Backups on your servers.

As EClouds just said...

Unbelievable. All I can say.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm just so lost about this...so 5MVPS was still making offers and ads while it wasn't sure who was actually running it...? Me SOOOO confused.

I know this is gonna sound dumb and stupid but...maybe stop advertising for a bit and focus on existing clients?

...maybe stop advertising for a bit and focus on existing clients?

That's what should have happened, but as previously said not enough time or resource was put into it (let alone thought).

So like those other famous hosts that screw up they'll leave clients hanging around.

They don't matter that much anyway right?!?

PM'd you the email for PP Cameron, but I'd rather see PC-Core actually doing what they should and not behaving like crooks in this instance...

Thanks. I'll also need the amount you paid :)

Unbelievable. All I can say.

I would have to agree.

Communication doesn't seem to be their 'favourite thing to do'...

I have noticed that myself. I'm going to get on to them myself.

Yup. I have tried 4 times to contact them, but after 24 hours their tickets auto close, so I can never get an answer.

I'll see if I can get access to their support desk for a while so I can help you guys out.

Okay, I'm just so lost about this...so 5MVPS was still making offers and ads while it wasn't sure who was actually running it...? Me SOOOO confused.

I know this is gonna sound dumb and stupid but...maybe stop advertising for a bit and focus on existing clients?

Well I was advertising because I was trying to get the company bigger before the sale finished. I have stopped since this stuff has started.

That's what should have happened, but as previously said not enough time or resource was put into it (let alone thought).

So like those other famous hosts that screw up they'll leave clients hanging around.

They don't matter that much anyway right?!?

I've put your VPS back online Decker (Mwa ha ha, still have access :p) if you need it to backup files etc.

I'm going to have them contact you ASAP, again and this time, I'll make sure it's not Cody contacting you.

Thanks Cameron, here's the account screen, just in case :tired2:

credit1.gif

I noticed the VPS comming back online - I've just shut it down again as it has DNS redirects aplenty (hope there's not been a replication during the couple of minutes till I did), all data has been transfered (not letting that happen again)

Last edited:
Back