• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox or IE?

softaculous

I prefer using firefox because it has got loads of new and improved features and also the firefox works fast compared to IE.
Which do you prefer? Firefox or IE? Why ?
Thanks Advanced.

I mainly use IE just because it's included with the OS and I don't have to download any other software. IE 9 is not too bad. There are some new features that make it pretty nice such as the download manager and new plugin management. Everybody says that FireFox is "faster" but I have yet to see any concrete evidence of that. I also see everybody say that it's "more secure" but once again, I have yet to see any concrete evidence of that either.

I haven't used IE since 5.0 and, well, it sucked.

I've been using gecko-based browsers for the last 11 years, so I see no reason to switch to IE now.

foxfire because it's cool

That's just a matter of opinion and doesn't really mean anything. Please post some hard evidence on why firefox is superior to IE and then I will be more inclined to take you seriously.

Firefox is Open Source, and Internet Explorer is commercial, plugged to windows OS. Open Source applications have a advantage: anyone can contribute to the source file so the software can be updated more often. Updated versions comes with improved security, better readability, and many more.

That's just a matter of opinion and doesn't really mean anything. Please post some hard evidence on why firefox is superior to IE and then I will be more inclined to take you seriously.

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20047314-12.html

That article concludes that for now, Firefox has a lead over IE and Chrome in terms of performance.

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/62577.aspx

This article concludes that IE and Firefox are neck and neck in terms of security, though IE manages to just barely edge out (however the article is over a year old now).

Then when it comes to features, I guess it's primarily personal preference. I prefer Firefox for the performance and addons available (Adblock Plus, LeechBlock, a Javascript debugger, and a couple of others). I've never had an issue with security on any browser, so that's not really a factor for me.

It's still completely subjective as to whether or not you think Firefox is superior depending on what aspects of a browser you value most. For all I know, this information is irrelevant to you, and you only care about themes available or something else. There's never going to be a concrete "superior" browser.

IE vs Firefox

IE below 7 really suck. Very slow and don't support CSS very well. Newer ones are OK but I prefer Firefox. It's faster with a lot of features specially for web developer like me.

Firefox because in my point of view you cant even make the comparation.

I just hate IE. It get angry just opening it :ninja:.

FireFox is best

I also prefer to use Firefox its quite good then IE because it can able to work with more tabs and also many add ons are run with it.

Back