• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox not displaying any images - 500 error (connection closed)

JimDandy

I'm just throwing this out to see if anyone has experienced a similar problem and might have a solution. I've put an HTTRACK archive of a website up on batcave, just to have a reference to look at. For some reason, no images are showing up in Firefox, only (well, IE, Chrome, and Opera all show the site fine). When I inspect with Firebug, I see that all images have returned a 500 error, and the response headers say the connection is "close," instead of "keep-alive." When I inspect in Opera, for instance, the response headers list connection as "keep alive." So, if anyone has an idea what might be up, I'd love to hear suggestions. Thanks.

I am using Firefox for a long time and I never faced this kind of error, so I suggest you reinstalling Firefox with the latest version. I am sure it will help.

Sometimes it is a problem of your hosting, the indoes permission may account for this. But according to the phenomenon you experienced, it seems to be a browser problem.

Sounds like a browser issue to me, because if it would have been a hosting issue then it won't be loading in other browsers too

As you have mentioned that its working fine in IE, Chrome etc...
that simply means that your firefox has some issues and you can try reinstalling it to see if it solves the problem!

We'd need to see links to be sure, but sorta in the same vein I saw browser issues with a host that only occurred with weird mixes like Firefox 4 Beta 8ish, and Safari, but not Firefox 3.14, Opera, or IE. Maybe panel software might be calling on cutting edge features that aren't all the same cross browser.

Have you tired just clearing your history? Goto Tools>Clear Recent History>Select all options>click ok. Don't forget to restart your browser.

Back