• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

firefox any good?

Cuz it's better than IE will ever be. It's the best browser IMO. Get it and try it, you'll fall in love with it. So safe and feature rich. God, I love FireFox!

Because it's cool to hate Microsoft.

Try it if you like, I don't really care... the more people that continue to use IE the better. It means less security threats for those of us using Firefox. ;)

Firefox owns, I love it! Fast and simple... not to fond of IE7's interface... abit awkward!

and make sure you don't uninstall Internet Explorer!

I like the extensions...Ad blocking, mouse gestures, all that stuff. But mostly I started using it because it was faster than IE.

Now, I've stopped running Windows too, so don't really have the option to use IE (maybe wine, or through a VM...but...you get my point). I have pretty much all the plugins/media working great. Only thing is Adobe hasn't released the lastest Flash for linux, so I run in to website that don't 'work' (as in, show me the stupid video that I clicked the link to see).

2 Good things about firefox:

1) It's not IE.
2) It has many extentions.

Thats it. Any more? Nope.

Some of my online friends want to get the new firefox, why should I switch from I.E.??

Stick with IE, don't trust them FF people.

I only agree with FF if your using my AdSense to download it :p otherwise stick with IE :lol:.

Firefox since Phoenix 0.2 days

Seconded.

My reasoning is simple.
-Extensions; AdBlock Plus namely. I surf with IE and I want to puke when I found out so many sites have so many advertisements.
-Tabbed Browsing; I know IE has it now and could before with add-ons, but that was the single reason I went to Mozilla [or what is now the Mozilla Suite], then ended up checking out that "Phoenix" program that were working on. By the time IE had tabbed browsing implemented [5 years later...], I had already got accustomed to Firefox and now have no reason to switch.
-Pop Up Blocker; Yes, this is an old original reason too. Back in the early 00's when popups were around.

Basically, it comes down to the fact that I have been using Mozilla/Firefox for years, and haven't found a reason to switch yet. IE7 looks promising, I've used it some but its interface is ugly IMO and its not enough of an improvement to make me change. Never used Opera, I hear it is good but since the fox works for me, I see no reason to try anything else.

I would have agree with you guys the new Firefox has a spell checker also so this will help with any typo's I have been using it for sometime now and love it...

Back