• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Firefox 1.5 Released

Hmm, I don't see myself updating too soon.

I have quite a few extensions and a theme I need to wait for updates for first.

Hell, I'm still running Firebird 0.8 on one of my machines. :p

try dragging and dropping the tabs.. thats about it.

although I believe the've fixed the memory leak and stuff, and yes it does seem a lot faster.

If you ask me, they haven't fixed the memory leak...looks like they don't like to use free() :rolleyes:

Right now firefox.exe is eating up a whopping 89MB of physical memory, with only three tabs open including this one.

trenzterra said:
Still lags when I come across animated gif...

The new version seems slightly slow for me too.

Unfortunately I deleted the previous 1.0.(I think it was 7 or 8? Whatever it was, it worked really well):eek2:

Will it get better with age? :biggrin2:

trenzterra said:
Still lags when I come across animated gif...
It's been a known issue with nVidia cards for a long time... I'm not expecting it fixed anytime soon.

Firefox 1.5 is laggy like hell they screwed up firefox for good . Images takes ages to load. Text and font is all messed up too. Eeew ff1.5 no good.

I haven't noticed any problems I can't attribute easier to my system configuration (like Bruce said, nVidia card) or dialup internet connection.

I am on a 1.5gHz Celeron M laptop with 768mb of memory...not the fastest computer, and it is smokingly fast for me. I don't tend to see it using much memory at all, and I have loaded multiple tabs constantly. I upgraded all of my machines without problem.

Matt8 said:
I am on a 1.5gHz Celeron M laptop with 768mb of memory...not the fastest computer, and it is smokingly fast for me. I don't tend to see it using much memory at all, and I have loaded multiple tabs constantly. I upgraded all of my machines without problem.

With a statement like that, some people may call on you :cool2: :wink2:

Just downgraded back to 1.0.7...sick of the CPU usage when loading very rich/large pages, and the fact that Flash/Shockwave kinda "broke".

Matt8 said:
Memory usage has always been an issue with Firefox as long as I can remember.

100MB seems about average for me with 2 or 3 windows and about 6-8 tabs a piece. I have no problem with that, but if you open a page with an embedded video or flash or something, just forget about it. Memory usage will shoot up too 300MB or more.

martin ewing said:
Firefox - All the way! :God:
It protects from viruses and pop-ups. Firefox improved features are nice with better performance, usability. :biggrin2:

I believe this is a misconception. Firefox does not protect against viruses. It merely attempts to block it through its security settings, which i believe are existant in most modern browsers. Although, they may not be configured accordingly.

ozefrog said:
I believe this is a misconception. Firefox does not protect against viruses. It merely attempts to block it through its security settings, which i believe are existant in most modern browsers. Although, they may not be configured accordingly.
This is true. You can secure nearly all browsers.

My biggest issue with IE is its inability to support W3C standards.

Back