• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Files all backed up onto HDD. Access Denied. Help Please!!!

moneyballs2

I reformatted my computer today. And put ALL my files onto the portable HDD.

Now that the computer is reformatted the files won't open. They are not corrupted because i checked before i started reformat.

But whenever i try to open the file it says "Access Denied". I'm logged in as administrator and have physically gone into properties and given file full admin premissions. But still it doesn't let me in.

I got my whole life on the portable HDD and need to gain access to the files because it is everything. Without it i lose everything.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

I got it fixed! :banana:

What i did: (incase you need help!)

I read this article : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

And selected the HDD (from my computer) and went through all the properties to the security tab (like explained in the article).

It then went through all the files, took it around 20+ minutes (you just have to wait for it to finish). And configured them all, and now I can access them all and do what i wish wit them.

If you need anyother help with the same problem try pm-ing me if you don't get any help from the Microsoft knowledge base article...

Last edited:
Glad you got it worked out and thanks for posting a solution in case it ever happens to me :)

Back