• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

file sharing software hijacks your pc!

i'd like to know what exactly there doing with people's "excess" bandwidth and processing power.

Originally posted by HTML-Guru
:nervous: Ah great....gotta wipe my hard drive again. I just got KaZaA a month ago
i hate formating,. i have to do it for another issue and i just formated 2 weeks ago :mad:

Originally posted by guitarnerd
Hmmm, that is scary, I followed those directions on the link that Jan gave and it worked.

how do you know for sure? did you run ad aware or any other programs that can find adware :confused:

uhh no, but I'm not concerned, I am connected at 26.4 I don't think any one is going to want to use my recources.

then how do you know it worked? ;)

you joining an ad network also might make it so they log where you go and add that to targeted ads, ect

adaware apparently doesn't work on this one :devious2: That's why I posted the link.

I'm just sayijng the instructions were right. A lot of times you get these instructions that tell you to do something and they are way off. kind of like when I installed my woltlab burning board it said do not put trailing slashes at the end of the file path, but it didn't work until I did that. Plus the B3d ad software downloads the first time youi log onto kazaa, if you watch carefully a little window pops up and you see it downloading

would a firewall stop the ad ware to stop from leaving your computer if you press no? or would it disguse itself as a kazzaa update, or what?

Back