• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

File folders in reverse alphabetical order? :(

cycle

Hi!

For some reason, my files have started to appear in reverse alphabetical order. I could deal with that, only that the folders now appear on the end of the list, which is extremely irritating. It only does this when I use file >> open. It does not happen when I simply open a folder through my desktop. Also, in Microsoft Word, it works the way it is supposed to. I have tried searching for settings in relation to this, but have found nothing, and
this is a huge inconvenience for me. Please help me.
I have Windows XP, if that matters.

Click on the name tab above all the folder, then it should work, if you don't get that tab do this:

View > Details

There is no view menu when you do this using file > open. It's fine when it's in a regular folder. Besides, sorting it that way would only be temporary anyway.

I recall posting about a similar problem. I had mine sorted in date order, so when I was updating newer pages, they were close to the top. But installing a new OS reversed them. They are still sorted by date, but I have to go to the end to find them now :cry2: I haven't been able to find a fix for it.

It's marvellous how something that was so familiar and then changes, can annoy the poo out of you :p I have learned to live with it now as it has been so long.

Originally posted by cycle
There is no view menu when you do this using file > open. It's fine when it's in a regular folder. Besides, sorting it that way would only be temporary anyway.
right click.

what do you use "file -> open" to have such situation?

is it a wordpad? or what?

I don't really get you. But try to use the folder option to see if you can find something helpful.

Last edited:
Back