• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fed up with WorldZone...

HumanClay

Not trying to spam the forum, but could you please try to access my site: http://www.humanclay.net and let me know if you can. I have not been able to connect to my site, FTP, or e-mail for the last 5 hours or so. It has been like this for the past month or two ... every other day or so I cannot connect for hours at a time. I am pretty sure it is not my ISP; I have had no other problems besides WZ.

And please don't post "you get what you pay for" or whatever, because I am on WorldZonePro, and I paid $30/year or whatever it is. Although that is really cheap in the hosting world, it is more than Geocities charges (free!), and they have a better uptime right now...

It's still very, very cheap. They're moving to a new server soon. I know they're not happy with performance lately either. I'd have to say that it's either wait this out or move to a more expensive option. I have a site there, too, and I'd rather it wasn't down, too, don't get me wrong. But a lot of stuff works quite well there and Webdude gives better support than I get on at least one full price host that I use, so I'm very willing to sit this out.

"you get what you pay for" lmao just kidding.

Worldzonepro is very good and Webdude is a hard worker, whatever reasons they may have for being down.. I bet it's a good reason.. a reason that will improve their over all preformance and satisfy their clients even more!

Well recently, I found someone operating a very popular proxy script that continually used 86% CPU...it's disabled now.

However, I was finally notified today that there have been backbone probs between UUNET and the Data Center we sit at. Be nice if they would notify me without me having to get to the point and cussing them out like I did, but if they dont tell me something, I have nothing to tell our clients because I dont know yet.

Originally posted by HumanClay
could you please try to access my site: http://www.humanclay.net

No problem here with your site.

> ping www.humanclay.net
PING www.humanclay.net (216.71.44.44): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 216.71.44.44: icmp_seq=0 ttl=240 time=222.893 ms
64 bytes from 216.71.44.44: icmp_seq=1 ttl=240 time=223.746 ms
64 bytes from 216.71.44.44: icmp_seq=2 ttl=240 time=222.739 ms
64 bytes from 216.71.44.44: icmp_seq=3 ttl=240 time=221.719 ms
64 bytes from 216.71.44.44: icmp_seq=4 ttl=240 time=223.692 ms
64 bytes from 216.71.44.44: icmp_seq=5 ttl=240 time=221.315 ms
--- www.humanclay.net ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 6 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 221.315/222.684/223.746 ms

Acrually, a little bfore I came here it was accessible. Imagine getting 5,000+ emails everytime things go down...LOL. I get at least 100 anytime there's even a normal reboot....but people are majorly pissed at me I imagine right now. Even though the problem was from my providers, I have to accept the blame....and then for every complaint I get, my providers get double that (-:

The least you can do is notify clients about the problems... after 2 months of this, the only notification I got is right now on this forum.

Originally posted by Webdude
These downtimes are as much a surprise to me as you. [/B]

You are supposedly the administrator of the servers right? It's your business... And I did post a message about 2 weeks ago on your forum asking about the server downtimes and email problems, but you nor anyone else responded. So are you saying it takes you 2 months to learn of serevr problems?

Sorry, I'm not trying to get in an argument here, but it just seems like in two months, something could have been learned of this. Maybe I'm wrong, but oh well...

What I meant to say was that downtimes are caused by different things.....what takes a server down one time isnt the same as another time.

I think a couple of months ago is when our provider had that big crash that they claim was 1 in a million chances it couldve happen. Another time was a server monitoring program I installed that seriously malfunctioned, another was a client's trashy written script going haywire, and this last time....my provider simply says "Backbone probs" with no details. These guys are about...well, I wont say it on a public forum, but I have been sadly disappointed with them. That is why we are about to be moving everything to a new data center.

yes but now we have 2001

and worlzone still have a problem with down time but again the other service is great at worldzone

And it's down again :( ...

By taskmaster:

and worlzone still have a problem with down time but again the other service is great at worldzone

How are the other services helpful if you can't even use them?

Originally posted by HumanClay:

And please don't post "you get what you pay for" or whatever, because I am on WorldZonePro, and I paid $30/year or whatever it is. Although that is really cheap in the hosting world, it is more than Geocities charges (free!), and they have a better uptime right now...

i would expect that much from edward.

i haven't been able to access my site on their servers for a long while as well.

u pay $30 u get a $30 service. What do u want? 100% uptime support requests dealt with in 3 seconds or ur issuing a chargeback?

Technics,

I could have signed up with Geocities and gotten better uptimes. That's all I'm saying... if you are paying for a service you should get something in return. So far in the past month, my site has been down just about every weekend and at least once during the week. I would expect such downtimes with a free host, but from a host that charges, you expect just a bit better than that.

Yeah, I feel the same about the data center we sit at. Their support is extremely lacking. It's their job to monitor machines and get them back to operational in quick time if they go down or crash. I cant monitor 24/7 at my computers, and these guys dont know things are down until I email them, at which point it may have been down for a few hours already, then it takes them an hour to get back there and reboot it after I email them.

And they wonder why I am going to a different data center...sheesh. I am so sick of these data centers that promise one thing and deliver another. June first (possibly sooner if I have my way) a partner and I are starting our own data center. That's pretty sucky when you gotta shell out that much money to build your own because the rest of them suck.

I'm not disagreeing with you steve and I'm not agreeing with you.

I can understand how frustrating it is to pay someone to host your site and receive very poor service in return. Had you posted and Webdude never replied, I would say that Worldzone is a horrible company and that they aren't doing it for their clients, but more for them. But Webdude did reply and he explained the problem. The problem is out of his hands. The people who are housing his server(s) provide bad support and seem not to care about their clients (in this case, Worldzone). So you can't blame Webdude because he can't help the situation. He also explained that he is going to be moving his servers to another location. Money is the key in all of this. Money will cost him to move. If you are not satisfied with his service, move.

Back