• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FDCservers.net

i've never before used them, mainly because a majority of their customers [or former customers] have never had a lot of good things to say in the past... but who knows? maybe that's changed.

Yer i know they had problems with there bandwidth provoder a while ago :(

But there back now with a new site design and so far have given good quick surport so hopeully they will live upto my expectaions

Thanks
Stevo

I think they're single homed with Yipes. Regardless, I get wicked ping times with them. :D

Ive just got my server e-mail to conferm its setup and im no expert but all they gave me was an IP and the root access :rolleyes:

I though i paid the set up fee for them to install the Webmin C/P and get the server in a half fit state

Is this normal?

Steveo

It's unmanaged. You have to set everything up yourself. ;)

The set up fee was for getting all the parts, hooking things up, etc.

Im a bit of a newbie at all this :(

just a little annoying not having nothing installed on it surpose i better get to work :(

Thanks
Stevo

You buy/borrow a book on Linux and SSH and you can set things up through that(that being SSH).

It really isn't that hard once you know the basic commands and can actually get the application to .make(compile).

Hey,

FDC has 2gbit of bandwidth to Yipes and will soon bt Yipes/XO multihomed. The XO link will be an OC-48.

Originally posted by stevo
Im a bit of a newbie at all this :(

just a little annoying not having nothing installed on it surpose i better get to work :(

Thanks
Stevo

Hey,

If you need any help with setting up your server. Just drop me a private message. I will see what I can do. Which OS did you have installed?

Hi thanks for all your replys :)

I had redhat as an O/S as i said i am very new to all this but i own a couple of big websites and this was the only way to go :rolleyes:

Anyway i may take u up on that offer Carl as i don't seem to be getting anywhere :(

Is there anyone i could pay or give free hosting to get it all set up for me?

Thanks
Stevo

Hi thanks for all your replys :)

I had redhat as an O/S as i said i am very new to all this but i own a couple of big websites and this was the only way to go :rolleyes:

Anyway i may take u up on that offer Carl as i don't seem to be getting anywhere :(

Is there anyone i could pay or give free hosting to get it all set up for me?

Thanks
Stevo

Well, I will "try" to help you as best as I can.
I cannot guarantee anything but I will be able to at least tell you what needs doing.
I will also be able to arrange for someone to do it for a nominal fee if I cannot.

Thanks once again for your reply Carl :)

How much would i be looking at for someone to set it all up for me? as im a bit poor :rolleyes:

Do you have MSN carl?

Thanks
Stevo

Thanks once again for your reply Carl :)

How much would i be looking at for someone to set it all up for me? as im a bit poor :rolleyes:

Do you have MSN carl?

Thanks
Stevo

Hey,

Really depends what needs doing.
I have ICQ.

Originally posted by MN-Carl
Hey,

FDC has 2gbit of bandwidth to Yipes and will soon bt Yipes/XO multihomed. The XO link will be an OC-48.

Yea I know. What I find weird is that I'm getting pings to them than I do to a server in Internap or Nac.

I've been with them for a week, and already I've noticed 3 downtimes. This better improve soon. Until then, I would NOT recommend these guys. :angry2:

Back