• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fav. Baseball team!

invisionz

Yes i am aussie addicted to the MLB :)

My fav baseball team is San Francisco, having some troubles against Chicago Cubs, its 3-2 for san fran, but cubs have made some good subs..

Well, I really don't like baseball at all (at all, I need to emphasize that), but I'm still really sad to see the Montreal Expos go. Seems like a conspiracy against them by the MLB.

Yankees...I've only gone to their games and never to any others.

It's sad because as soon as I got home from school, turned on the TV to watch Game 7, I saw Mariano Rivera's collapse in the bottom of the 9th. Didn't even get to see the good stuff before it. :(

Blue Jays are my favorite team, Giants in the NL. (Giants are the local team, while with the Jays I had various other reasons for deciding to root for them.)

Diamondbacks seem to have the west rather securely, but I think the Giants will manage the wild card. The Jays... well, the offense has really come around lately but it'd be nice to have a pitcher other than Halladay. (And Escobar never should've been taken out of the rotation, I don't care about the mystery injury. :mad: )

Well, Escobar is doing a pretty good job as a closer. He was only mediocre as a starter.

My favorite NL team is the Montreal Expos. Javier Vazquez, Tomo Ohka, and Bartolo Colon are all great young pitchers (well, Colon is just in his prime), and they definitely provide a strong starting rotation. They've got great arms in the bullpen, though they do need a bit of experience. The only major problem they face is offense, as the team has relied on Jose Vidro and Vladimir Guerrero to deliver.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Well, Escobar is doing a pretty good job as a closer. He was only mediocre as a starter.

As a closer, this year: 4.80 ERA, 6 blown saves in 28 chances, .251 opponents average, 56 K, 34 BB
As a starter, last year: 3.18 ERA in his 11 starts, .214 opponents average, 60 K, 25 BB

You were saying? Only a Royals fan would call that a pretty good job as a closer, and only a Braves fan would call that mediocre as a starter.

Originally posted by Hoth

As a closer, this year: 4.80 ERA, 6 blown saves in 28 chances, .251 opponents average, 56 K, 34 BB
As a starter, last year: 3.18 ERA in his 11 starts, .214 opponents average, 60 K, 25 BB

You were saying? Only a Royals fan would call that a pretty good job as a closer, and only a Braves fan would call that mediocre as a starter.

Well, the only thing I know about the Blue Jays is that they are far, far, far behind the Yankees. :D I didn't realize that Escobar had been the closer for the whole season (I did know that the 4.80 ERA looked ugly, but I thought it was largely due to a bad start to the season). However, the only time I ever saw Escobar pitch was against the Yankees, and I believe he got hammered in that game?

Anyway, Roberto Hernandez actually has a better ERA than Escobar (though Hernandez has converted only 19 of 25 save opportunities). He used to be pretty good down there with Tampa. And what about Billy Koch last year? I believe his ERA was around 4.80 and he blew a lot of saves as well. :confused2

Originally posted by Daniel
Montreal is close to .500 right?

yes :(

But they had a really good record before they went on a huge losing streak...

I really wish there was a baseball team in New Jersey. :(

Back