• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fantastico or Installatron

Installatron or Fantastico

• Installatron

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Fantastico

Votes: 29 43.9%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.1%

• Total voters
I have to agree with ThePro, I used to use Fantastico, but installatron is just prompter in its updating, and the install process for scripts is SO easy :)

EDIT: I just noticed how old this thread is, generally its best to try and stick to threads that aren't 4 months old guys ;)

One big thing about Installatron is the support/updates are much more often. The biggest issue with Fantastico is the repository will hold old software for long periods of time. Sometimes two weeks before they update Wordpress installations.

Installatron.

Why?
Because it is simply better.

Detailed reasoning:
It is cheaper, up-to-date, and has a simple install process for users and admins.

Personally we have started to push Installatron, I personally find it has been updated more, and always kept current. Fantastico we had many issues with clients being forced to manually update as the update files were not there.

Installatron looks good but I have never worked with it. Fantastico updates the scripts version after few months their release but still it is easy to use for newbie.

Kailash

If you like ease of use, then I'd definately go for Installatron.

I've recently moved from Fantastico to Installatron and love it. It looks so much better and the software it installs is regularly updated.

Installatron is certainly not user friendly. Too many clicks to achieve what fantastico did in a couple of clicks.

Installatron is certainly not user friendly. Too many clicks to achieve what fantastico did in a couple of clicks.

Now I would not agree with that. I think Installatron is much more user friendly.

I would agree Jan, there are a bunch of "extra" clicks, however from my experiences it seems these clicks turned into the client understanding whats happening.

But as many said, both are great :)

Why not just have both. I have both of them on my server, but if it was to chose i would go with Fantastico.

Back