• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Fake Paypal Message.

majorglory

I got a fake Paypal email from some place and this is what it said:
Dear sales[at]inceptiongs.com

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. We recently noticed the following issue on your account:

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features. We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

Case ID Number: PP-119-654-452

For your protection, we have limited access to your account until additional security measures can be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Resolution Center.

Click here to verify your account

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend your account.

Thank you for using PayPal!
PayPal Email ID PP697

I didn't read where the email came from so I didn't know instantly if it was a fake or not, but once I clicked the link, I noticed that it was at:
Do not use the link below to log into Paypal.
http://paypal.ctrav.com.. .. ... . ... . ?cmd=_login-run
Do not use the link above to log into Paypal.

not https and wtf is "ctrav.com"

This is a warning to the rest of you if you get/got this email.
This has already been reported to Paypal.

If this has been already posted before, flame me and delete the post.
All I wish to accomplish with this post is to protect the more inexperienced Paypal users.

I almost did about two eyars ago, and then I realized what I was doing after I started entering my bank account #. I think there was some lack of coffee that morning. :p

email spoof@paypal.com

inceptiongs.com said:
=] First "phisher" attempt on me.

I didn't know how common they were =/
yeah. i win the european lottery at least 6 times daily. i also have african royalty figures asking me to deposit their 1833284 million dollars in my bank account. its a rough life.

beeing bored one evening I bought SpamNet, excellent program except it is NOT usable if you decide to 'keep copy of email on server'... bummer heh

LYT-Michael said:
And to believe that people actually fall for this mess.

Most people don't know better, and I don't blame them. My parents for one, they weren't brought up around PC's, but they're trying to use them to make life a little easier, and the sad thing, there are people like this out there.

t0pher said:
email spoof@paypal.com

yeah. i win the european lottery at least 6 times daily. i also have african royalty figures asking me to deposit their 1833284 million dollars in my bank account. its a rough life.
I get those, paypal, and more. annoying

Back