• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

F2s problem.

aspr

Even after updating my pages. I am getting my old pages. Why this happens? How can I prevent that? Can any body suggest me another good and reliable free host with ftp and php support.

when you load your pages, hit double-click on your refresh button... you should see the new pages, then.

what that does, is clear the "cache" of pages that your browser saves, you can can access the pages "faster"..

About...

There are some times that even if you clean your browser's cache, you will get the old pages. The only thing you can do is wait. Sometimes takes just some minutes, other times takes some hours. At least this happened to me some times.

yeah.... that doesn't happen often, but it does happen... usually because of your ISP caching the pages, too. you can't do anything about that, sadly.

except, using a proxy connection, which would be too complicated to explain here. :)

Originally posted by whatevah
yeah.... that doesn't happen often, but it does happen... usually because of your ISP caching the pages, too. you can't do anything about that, sadly.

except, using a proxy connection, which would be too complicated to explain here. :)
what's so complicated about proxy?

My ISP caches my pages if I don['t use proxy too.

Your Proxy should be the form of proxy.isp.tld(eg proxy.pacific.net.sg)

Anyway, I don't see why it is a f2s problem, its your browser cache, well, put it this way, sometimes f2s does that too...

So, to solve this, clear your cache!

The f2s FAQ states this problem, I suggest you go there and have a look :)

Originally posted by trenzterra
what's so complicated about proxy?

My ISP caches my pages if I don['t use proxy too.

Your Proxy should be the form of proxy.isp.tld(eg proxy.pacific.net.sg)

I was talking about an anonymous proxy type service.. such as https://www.safeweb.com/ your ISP sees the reqest as going to safeweb, so it ignores it.

OK there is a problem with some F2s servers .. there slow ... to put it bluntly .... some F2s server take about 2 mins to update pages .. this is due to the fact that they are "experimental" .. and also that they have alot of users per servers ( thats a guess , so don't quote me on that ) .... also ... like said above .. some ISPs are slow in updating DNS ( however .. this is probally not the cause of the problem )

The jist of it is , F2s is slow ( mostly )

:D

Back