• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

f2s prob...

Baggio

hey, anyone else had problems with ftp-ing files onto the f2s servers lately?

I just opened an account last week and installed an iB on it, for the past 3 days, I have been getting this prob with ftp:

First yes, I do manage to log on, but heck slower than my other account.
When I attempt to upload or delete a file, it will only deal with them one @ a time.

I know they said these newer servers aren't that great... but this bad???

Hi. I had a lot of problems a week or so back. As usual it depends on which server you're on. From their board it seemed like they had FTP problems again. Was also something on "Network News", you shouldn't rename files or the server blew up, whatever. Dunno if this still apply.

I had a problem yesterday - It wouldn't conplete the transfer and give the LIST command. Haven't tried it yet today....

server 26 FTP works fine all the time.

My guess is that you're on a newer server?

I'm a user of f2s since ages. Yeah, they have problems sometimes, but they usually fix them quickly. If not try using <<I SPAM FORUMS.COM>>. Around 8 bucks, but ftp always worked fine Ha.Ha. Like we say "You get what you spam for"

[Edited by Chicken on 04-17-2001 at 07:23 PM]

hi.
another problem is why i cant download my zip files from f2s site.
it says that
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /ibu.zip on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.19 Server at http://www.dony.f2s.com Port 80
p.s.chmod do not work

and another problem is that.
i have changed my index.htm 3 weeks ago.
but it do not change it.
when i redirect my cjb to http://www.dony.f2s.com/index.htm
works fine.
so eahy is this happening.

Oh, yeah, I have that problem with updates too. When I upload a newly updated file, the change doesn't show until a few minutes later. Why?

Originally posted by ace0
don't you ever wonder if f2s is going to end their service? I mean, it is only for more hits.
Yes I do wonder. But I think they'll stay for a little while longer.

Well, uh.... you'll need to log in to your FTP account in order to find out. So,...

There are other ways to find out, but logging into your FTP account is the easiest way.

Are you sure you wrote "www.username.f2s.com" instead of "username.f2s.com"? I think the 'www' is required.

hi.
ftp work fine for me.
but changes made in my html lasted almost for 3 weeks!!!
heheh.
i think i must not update my site but wait and wait when f2s will change my pages.(or changes i made)
heheh.

Back