• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

F2S is running out of space!

Akalon

NLC
NLC
F2S is running out of space on some servers!!!

Server 0033 has:
10.14 Gb free.
10,141,470,720 bytes free.

Server 0036 has:
14.78 Gb free.
14,784,659,456 bytes free.

Server 0031 has:
28.67 KB free.
28672 bytes free.

Server 0042 has:
0 free.
0 bytes free.

I'm on Server 31, and 42!!!!! :( I want 36! :mad:

yeah, i have an account on 51 too.

hopefully the peons at f2s.com actually divided the server space between account allowance when setting up accounts. like if you have an 8 gig server, at 20 megs per account, that should be no more than 400 million accounts per server [????... even that number is very highly unlikely].

Last edited:
Hmmm.... 8Gb / 20Mb = roughly 400 accounts (not millions....)
....if and only if all of the accounts use up "all" of the 20Mb allowance per account.
But statistically, it's totally different. They consider historical data (i.e. an average user uses 1Mb per account), so if we consider the example, 8Gb/1Mb = roughly 8000 accounts.
That explains why they're always close to total saturation.... quite similar to "overbooking". As soon as a small percentage of the accounts decide to upload a few hundreds of Kb.... boom!

My post had a lot more to do with magnitude (hundreds to thousands) than absolute precision. Just trying to find out where those "millions of accounts" came from.

Back