• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

F2S domains

A real domain? Don't know what you mean...If you buy a domain you get a .com, .net, or .org domain.

Phan ;)

Yeah, aren't you thinking about when people redirect there domain to a free account at for instance f2s? How much do they charge for a domain BTW? I can't read their silly Word doc.

Since F2S is a free host I'm pretty sure its a redirection or a URL cloaking. I do the same with my ireg domain and freehost.nu

It seems that some f2s servers is down today, doesn't it?
server0039
server0042
(however server0044 and server0045 work properly)

Does somebody have accounts on these servers?
How do they work today?

Originally posted by Archbob
Since F2S is a free host I'm pretty sure its a redirection or a URL cloaking. I do the same with my ireg domain and freehost.nu

Hold on now. f2s have fee AND paid hosting. Obviously they now also sell domains. These are like 3 different things...

OK, well, it seems there's many answers for my question. I don't wanna waste 12 pounds on a cloaked domain, especially since I live in Australia.

But what do you want to do? Use the domain with your free account? That's only possible with redirection. Where you buy the domain has nothing to do with it. If that's what you want, buy from one of the below $10 registrars and redirect it to f2s.

If you want to use their paid hosting you could still buy the domain somewhere cheaper.

Are you sure? Because when you log in to your f2s account, you can buy a domain, and they don't actually tell you the dns info. Since you're buying it when your logged in, it automatically works with your account. I think.

Uh, I'm not sure about what you are asking me if I'm sure about.
I'm not sure about anything since I can't read their .doc. And I'm still not sure about what you want to do, If you want to buy a domain and have it work the "real way" with their free hosting I doubt very much that they do that for $12 since that would make their paid hosting pretty much pointless. But I'm not sure. :)

Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. Well, if I bought a proper domain from somewhere else, is there any way I can get it to work with my free f2s account, the "real way"? Like, are there any domain services that can redirect and still make a domain work the "real way" (http://www.domain.com/file.html)?

Originally posted by BrendanWX
Yeah, that's what I wanted to know. Well, if I bought a proper domain from somewhere else, is there any way I can get it to work with my free f2s account, the "real way"? Like, are there any domain services that can redirect and still make a domain work the "real way" (http://www.domain.com/file.html)?

Not to my knowledge. You can always use mydomain.com to cloak your domain, but the full URL (ie including the file name) will not be displayed in the visitor's browser location bar, just the domain name.

There is subdomain redirection, isn't it? It still would be stealth.

BrendanWX, do you need CGI? If not a really cheap solution is to buy a $8-10 domain and get hosting at discount-hosting.com for $10. They are fast, good space and andwidth but no CGI and no subs.
The only way I know of to get proper domain hosting free without adds is www.portland.co.uk. They have the features but are slow and have very limited bandwith.

If you use mydomain and use steath redirection and path forwarding, your visitors won't notice a thing.

Originally posted by gyrbo
If you use mydomain and use steath redirection and path forwarding, your visitors won't notice a thing.

Interesting. I didn't know that mydomain had path forwarding together with stealth redirection. :)

Back