• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.EXE Extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe

is there any software that can extract the setpup.exe files?

actually I don't want to install a software but want the main .exe file inside that setup package.

is it possible through any programs or software?

What is it? Some installs are packaged with more than just a setup file.

Oh yeh! and why would you want to do that?

Decker said:
What is it? Some installs are packaged with more than just a setup file.

Oh yeh! and why would you want to do that?

no its just 1 standalone setup file.

Actually I want to extract the setup of a screensaver package I downloaded from www.freeze.com I don't want to install it because it has lots of adwares and trojans inside the setup file, I just want the .scr file and nothing else

is there any way ?

if you installed winzip....
you should be able to simply Open this .exe file from Winzip.

or even, you can double click it and Winzip will simply ask you if you want to run it as the creator made it, or extract the files inside to somewhere.

When you use WinZip, or VISE Installer programs... you can do the .exe self-extractor program (which allows you to extract the files without having to install the software that the .exe was made with.) It's kida a nifty feature, and I advise people to use it if they are loading it to a vast majority of people who don't have VISE or WinZip or ExtractNow (RAR Extractor) on their machine.

Yes, truely, the spam-you bit is funny. xD Especially when I have WinZip 7.0 Instead of 9.0 (Darn you Winzip creators) I'd wish these types of things were more free... or affordable. -_-

Last edited:
Daniel said:

Yeah well, I don't want to try it for free then pay for it, so I use ExtractNow. And I wasn't asking for a RAR Extrator program, I was just saying if they don't have it, use exe self-extractors... sorry for any misunderstandings....

Since when do you have to pay for WinRAR? Even if the trial period ends, you can still use it. You just get an annoying popup message saying that the trial period ended.

DarkBlood said:
Yeah well, I don't want to try it for free then pay for it, so I use ExtractNow. And I wasn't asking for a RAR Extrator program, I was just saying if they don't have it, use exe self-extractors... sorry for any misunderstandings....

Winrar can extract the contents of an exe file. And it's free.

upload ur exe file and post link here. i will try and will post the method to extract that sort of file.
winrar is best extractor so far i heard of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back