• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

everyone.net spams your POP3 accounts ?

redfirebird.com

I just recently setup an everyone.net mail account I had to retrieve my primary POP3 email address thru its web interface so I can check my primary mail when I'm not at home then just a few days after setting it up I started receiving regular spam to my POP3 account! WTF.. did they sell my address to f-ing advertisers ? they already spam the hell out of my everyone.net

You can check your POP mail through a Yahoo account too. Or any .zzn.com acct. for that matter. Don't have to use everyone.net

well sure but I've had this everyone.net account for years and years, and now its too late because they already have my pop3 email address now. i was just wondering if I was the only one who had this problem, or if I could narrow it down to everyone.net as the source of the spam.

whats wrong with digging up old threads if I still had a question about it ? thats better than wasting disk space by always making new threads right ?

Originally posted by RocksWoman
You can check your POP mail through a Yahoo account too. Or any .zzn.com acct. for that matter. Don't have to use everyone.net
Yahoo pop mail is only available if you pay now, and hotmail follow suit soon (forgot when they cease theirs)

i use everyone.net and get absolutely no spam
did u signup to anything using that email? like newsletter? contest?

Originally posted by redfirebird.com
whats wrong with digging up old threads if I still had a question about it ?

I don't know either... I just think at least one user is obligated to complain about it... maybe it some sort of unspoken rule...

Anyway, I don't get any spam from Everyone.net, so I'm guessing your brought this on yourself.

Sorry. :)

Last edited:
okay, thanks.. guess its not everyone.net... i definately dont use that email to sign up for an B.S., it must have been from usenet posts.. i dont use that anymore for usenet posts but i guess once is enough to get deluged with spam

thanks

Back