• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

escape from namezero.com

hrac

Hello,

A friend of mine took a free domain from namezero one year ago. Big mistake :( :(
Now we want to transfer to different registrar company like godaddy.

First of all we bought one year plus service with 35 dollars from Namezero :(. Next how can I transfer domain from namezero to goddady? We don't want to pay anymore to transfer. :)

Is there anybody knows how can I do this?

Thanks in advance
Best regards

You will have to pay at least one additional year to transfer it anywhere (which will be added to your current time).

All you have to do is to go to a registrar like GoDaddy and select transfer domain, then after you input all the necessary info you'll recieve a few confirmation emails in the email address you provided as the admin owner thingy for Namezero, and you're basically done. When you see the info change when you do a whois on your domain then you'll know for sure that it has been transferred.

BTW, you got ripped off by Namezero. I waited until they offered me $14.95 (some people were able to get their domain from NZ for only $9.95) to upgrade to Plus to transfer my domain.

Thank you for your help.

It is ok, if we can take over the control of the domain with 35 dollars. Because I didn't pay money. An organization asked me to solve this problem (owning the domain). So organization pays the money and they can afford to pay 35 dollars once, but other years they would like to pay less (like 9 dollars with Godaddy)

Best regards

Originally posted by LeX
All you have to do is to go to a registrar like GoDaddy and select transfer domain, then after you input all the necessary info you'll recieve a few confirmation emails in the email address you provided as the admin owner thingy for Namezero, and you're basically done. When you see the info change when you do a whois on your domain then you'll know for sure that it has been transferred.

BTW, you got ripped off by Namezero. I waited until they offered me $14.95 (some people were able to get their domain from NZ for only $9.95) to upgrade to Plus to transfer my domain.

Oooops

I have ordered domain transfer from godaddy.com. What will happen then?

What about this 60 day rule. Is this a Namezero rule or a general domain transfer rule of whole internet world?

Originally posted by Aussie Hosts
You'll have to wait 60 days from the day NZ transferred the domain to you as well.

Cheers

Gary

From their main page, go to FAQ - Technical Support, and click the link in the first paragraph to:

Go Daddy Software's Support Site

In there is a question titled:

"My transfer failed, what can I do?"

This will explain that you "cannot transfer a domain name until 60 days after you have first registered it."

Unfortunately, when NZ transfer the domain to you it resets the Creation Date of the domain record (at least every instance of this has that I have seen).

Your payment is non-refundable. GoDaddy will keep that according to their site. From FAQ - Domain Transfers:

"Are transfer fees refundable?
No, as per our transfer agreement, transfer fees are non-refundable. You are paying Go Daddy Software to attempt the transfer of your domain name. Go Daddy Software is not liable if the transfer fails."

However, once that 60 days has lapsed, this should take effect (from the same page):

"My transfer failed, now what do I do?
Please contact your former registrar for more information. A domain name transfer request is made by Go Daddy Software but can be denied only by the current registrar. If your name was on hold and can now be transferred, please contact Go Daddy Software to resubmit your transfer request for no additional fees."

If there's a way that NZ can stop the Creation Date from resetting, this problem would be alleviated. Perhaps they have now (because no doubt there's been alot of complatins about this). You should check the /whois record for your domain now that you are the admin contact and look at the dates that it returns.

Good luck mate. :)

Regards

Gary

Back